PDA

View Full Version : My Sears timeline!

Gary Koval
11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone, I don't mean to beat a dead horse or anything, but I thought I'd start my own timeline on a simple QC problem I have, and my 5yr. Master Protection Agreement with Sears. I know I shoulda bought RJustice's tools, but I did'nt, and broke the ground down allen key in the QC while trying to replace it. I will do my best to update this. So if you interested here it is.......................
Craftsman Compucarve repair by Sears- personal timeline: The spellings of persons involved may be spelled incorrectly simply my best effort:

100908- Develop problem with QC (Quick Change Assembly), take unit to Cleveland Sears Repair/Service Center 5139 W140th St. Brkpk. Oh. 44142 Ph.216-265-2125, under 5yr. Master Protection Agreement. Speak with Steve- Tech at facility who gives me a receipt for my machine with an estimated return date of 101908. But after his conversation with repair facility in Garland, Texas a more realistic due date is 110908. He says that the estimated time still remains 101908.

101908- Approx. date receive a call from Sears stating unit will not be back until 111008.

111008- I contact Sears, told that parts are backordered and new date is 111708.

111708- Contact LHR “Lisa” in the 10:00AM hour, and ask if any parts associated with QC are on backorder, she advises all are in stock. Call Sears (800 469-4663) approx. 11:14AM speak with Whitney who advised my new delivery date is now 112408 due to backordered parts. I explain that I have called LHR the company that makes the unit and none of the parts needed for my unit are backordered. She explains that she will put me in touch with the Rapid Resolutions Dept. for further help and perhaps renting a unit to do some of my Christmas projects. Speak with Naomi, Rapid Response Dept. at approx. 11:17AM. Naomi advises that she can only set up dates for in-home-repairs. Says I should call (800 927-7836) Rental Reimbursement Dept. for further help. Call (800 927-7836) speak with Latoya at approx. 11:26AM she advises she is in the National Customer Relations Dept., but unless I know of someone who can rent me a machine there is nothing Sears can do. When asked if she could supply a reconditioned machine as a rental, she said Sears does not do that. When asked about a reconditioned machine as a replacement she said that Garland Texas would have to determine that. Called Garland Texas, (214 553-6777) at approx. 11:33AM Spoke with Shalanda, who said that she would e-mail Miss V. in another building in the complex and find out when my backordered parts would be arriving. I explained to Shalanda that Sears gets their parts from LHR Tech. and that the parts that I need are not backordered and in-stock at LHR. Shalanda said she did not know where the parts come from but that they could be getting them from another supplier. She said that I would hear from them later today about the parts. I neglected to ask about a reconditioned machine as a replacement at that time. I then called LHR back spoke to “Lisa” at approx. 11:45AM again and she told me that Sears does get their parts from LHR Tech. At approx.3:45PM I emailed Sears – Warrantee Section and prefixed my timeline with the following:
“ The below is a timeline I have put together for reference of repair of my Craftsman Compucarve machine. I ask for your help in this matter because I have Christmas projects that I desperately want to finish before the upcoming holiday. Whatever assistance you could render would be greatly appreciated. So you know, to this point your customer care employees have been helpful, but not well versed with their knowledge of the Craftsman Compucarve.
Thank-You,
Gary Koval”
At approx. 3:52PM I got the following response to my e-mail from Sears:
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for contacting sears.com regarding your warranty
question.

We would like to assist you with your warranty question, please direct
all inquiries to 1-800-827-6655. If you are needing repair, please
contact us at 1-800-4MY-HOME and we will be happy to assist your service needs. Thank you for allowing Sears to assist you today.

Sears Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation

At approx. 4:24PM spoke with Laura in Tech line Dept. at 800 827-6655, who put me in touch with the Return Service Recovery Team.
At approx. 4:43PM I spoke with Kris (female) RSRteam who advised that my parts were ordered on 102808. To this point none of the persons I spoke with informed me of this. She advises Miss V. from Garland Texas will call today with status of the parts.. Did not receive call on 111708 from MissV.. Will be on the phone in the morning.

111808- 2:34PM call Garland Tx. wait until 3:00PM on hold waiting for an available agent, no answer. Call Tech Line Dept at 800 827-6655 talk to Shaquita explain entire situation to her, and ask her to put me in touch with the RSRTeam. Shaquita tells me to call National Customer Relation- Service Dept. 800 659-7077option 4, not Master Protection Agreement Dept.. At 3:20PM call Nat. Cust. Relat. speak with Janice (not sure of name was unintelligible spoken to me twice) who said she only schedules appointments for repair. Call back 800 827-6655 speak with Tonya who puts me on hold for some other Dept., only to have my call cancelled. Call back speak with Debbie at 3:44PM who puts me in touch with Wasana at the TSRT (Tele Service Recovery Team), (not RSRT as previously thought), 800 690-5650 at 3:53PM. Wasana tells me that after talking with folks in Garland, that the parts were delivered to Sears, but are now lost in their system. Finish talking with Wasana, who seemed to be the most helpful person yet, at Sears at approx 4:40PM. I am to wait until 3:00PM on 111908 for a response from Garland if no response is forthcoming to contact her.
Whew!, what a frustrating few hours on the phone. Things really have to get better with the miscommunication problems at Sears.

111908- 3:00PM- Did not hear from anyone at Sears regarding my lost parts so as asked, I call Wasana back at 800 690-5650. Wasana is busy, talk with Rosalinda who can’t understand why the TSRT is involved it is not their area?!? She puts me through to Garland speak with Joy (confrontational), 3:29PM, who puts me in touch with Nick (Parts Dept. Garland), who says all parts are there for the Z-Truck except a bearing and according to his computer LHR is backordered on the bearing. Wants two days to see if the parts are available and he will call me back when he finds out. Call LHR Tech.- Lisa says parts are in stock, took all of two minutes to find out, HMMMMMMM! Call Nick in Garland back give him the info that Lisa gave, he advises that their putting in an emergency order for the parts, but for me to give him two more days so that he can update me on the repair status.

On 112108, since I did not receive a call back from Nick Sims in Garland 214 553-6774, I called him and was put to voice mail and a message was left at 1:49PM. At approx. 3:40PM Nick Simms called back and advised me that my machine was repaired and on it’s way here. Even supplied a UPS Tracking # . Time will tell!

leesheridan
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Gary
All I can say is good luck. One thing about Sears you and others should know is one of their policies is that if you are dissatisfied with any of their products you can take if back for a full refund at any time. If you look at all the signs in one of their stores you will eventualy find it posted. But they don't come out an tell you about it when you buy or you are having a problem. But if you do this make sure you tell them you are not satisfied and want to bring it back. And if they tell you there will be a restocking fee then tell the NO there won't be any! I recently called one of the Sears here in Oregon and they told me that they will no longer be carring the CarveWright. Again good luck.

Digitalwoodshop
11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I believe the workers at Sears work off of commission. When you return a unit, the commission is deducted from the next pay check of the worker that sold you the unit. So it could cause the employees to turn you away.... People remember when they loose money from a pay check....

Good Luck with your QC.

AL

leesheridan
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
After working for Sears, yes the full time employees are on commission sales most of the time but the part time 24 hour a week hardware employees are hourly. But if there is a real problem and it was your honest dollars paying for the CC then do what you have to do.

jcorder
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey Gary,
How many hours of carving do you have? You are certainly welcome to make a road trip and use mine buddy.

Jeff

Semper Fi
11-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Gary, I feel for you. Seems like that is Sears standard excuse..... parts are back ordered....I went though that for over 6 months and finally they replaced the machine. I bought a Carvewright in the mean time and have my replacement on eBay for sale. I got my refund in the mail today for my Master Maintenance Agreement. (minus about $75) Sears is not capable, in my opinion, of servicing the Compucarve, and care less about their customer satisfaction!.

Gary Koval
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Anybody thats interested in the rest of the story... here it is:

Well, was supposed to get machine back on 112608, nope, not even on 112808. The Sears Service/Repair Center in Cleveland moved on 1020ish08, and nobody told Garland, sooooo Garland sent it to the old address. So with the holidays and weekend finally got it back today from UPS. And the folks at UPS didn't disappoint me either, see pics of the box. Box wasn't even taped shut, according to Steve at the Sears Center. Opened it up, found a piece of poplar with a frog cut into it with a textured background, looked pretty good-see pics. First project up- cut the peg game pattern supplied by Kenm810, (thanks Ken), turned out good, see pics of that also. Total cost to Sears by their receipt:

Labor $139.00
Z-Truck Ay $85.53
Bearing Ay $25.98
Sensor PCB $ 7.99
Mtr. Mount $62.57

Total $345.95

I am happy to have my machine back, The End, I hope.
Gary Koval

CABINET MAN
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I have had my sears mech. for 8 mo. It's been down now for about four weeks. carve wright has been great about trying to help me fix it but we have not been able to get it running. I have talked to sears about taking it back, a big fat no. If i raturn it there will be a restocking fee of $280.00 big ones and they will only give me $1,100.00 less restock fee.
Does anyone know for sure the return policy? I have the five year repair plan
but sure don"t want to send it to them. I can sent it to carve wright for $140. freight round trip, this my be my best bet.

gsrice
12-02-2008, 07:13 AM
After going through a lot of the same things you all have described,
being looped between the repair fac., retailer, Carvewright etc.

I finally found somebody to get things done --

Sear National Hold -- as for the CEO -- they'll but you into their own cust. services --

214-553-6777

Also, if you purchased an extended service warr, raise hell about the rental section -- according to the agreement --- Sears is pay for the rental of a machine while you want for parts to fix yours.

Greg

Gary Koval
12-02-2008, 07:56 AM
gsrice,
Had I known someone rents them I would have pushed the issue, because I was aware of the rental part. Do you know someone that rents them?
Gary

AskBud
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I have had my sears mech. for 8 mo. It's been down now for about four weeks. carve wright has been great about trying to help me fix it but we have not been able to get it running. I have talked to sears about taking it back, a big fat no. If i raturn it there will be a restocking fee of $280.00 big ones and they will only give me $1,100.00 less restock fee.
Does anyone know for sure the return policy? I have the five year repair plan
but sure don"t want to send it to them. I can sent it to carve wright for $140. freight round trip, this my be my best bet.
The sticking point may be the wording about the Sear's Craftsman items, by the Sales Staff. Which is something like, "If Sear's can not repair the item within 4 repair attempts, in the first year, you may return the unit for a new unit or full refund." I've already gotten one full refund.
AskBud

Hexe SA
12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I took my first one in for repair too Sears under warranty. It came back 3 weeks later unable to repair and I received a new one within a week. This was over a year ago. If it 's under warranty, keep the repair tags because they may drag it out till the warranty runs out. Also you may want to look up and invoke the Craftsman trademark policy and warranty if needed. You will not get a machine any quicker back, but no restocking fee or god forbid reconditioned unit. It also helps to have items put on Credit Card and not nessecary Sears. With Visa etc. you have extensive buyer protection and for a full year. I know it is all a bunch off hazzle but we are talking $1800-$2000 plus all the extras you buy. I have to work quite a while for that money so I give them all the hell I can give.
Eva