PDA

View Full Version : "Error Loading Size -60"

Ken Massingale
11-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Searching didn't help me at all, Jeff. :p

This is a simple cutout to use as a template to rout rectangles for windows in a dollhouse

Material is 1/4" thick MDF double sided taped to 1/4" ply. Cut depth is 1/4".

The error displays when the project name is selected from the card.

Thanks for eny help.
Ken

Kenm810
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I just looked at your .mpc -- What cut out ??? http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif
Plus with the size of the rectangle you have drawn
your project board would have to be 13.625 to stay under the rollers.

mtylerfl
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Ken,

I've never heard of that error before.

I looked at your mpc and the board thickness is set at .5" instead of .25". (I assume you will make the rectangle outline a cut path)

By now you probably know with version 1.131 it is essential that you specify the actual stock thickness (.25" in this case) instead of the total of the stock+carrier thickness (.5" in your case). That way your cutouts will be performed properly and safely with the required safety tabs automatically placed for you. The machine will prompt you with a choice of using either the "Project Thickness" or the "Board Thickness".

If you specify the correct thickness in Designer (.25") then you should choose option 1) Project. If you mistakenly choose option 2) Board, then the cut paths will go all the way through your stock AND the carrier board, loose pieces will fly around your machine and you'll have a "bad day".

The Sept 08 Tips & Tricks (http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html) has more details about this new and invaluable feature in version 1.131.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your "strange" error, but try setting the correct stock thickness and see if that makes any difference.

Jeff_Birt
11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, there is no cut-path on the MPC :)

I see you have your board thickness set at 1/2". If you're trying to use the cut-path tool that will give you fits. One of the new features in 1.131 is that you can tell the machine to use the board thickness you entered in Designer to set the cut depth for the cut-path tool. See last months Tips&Triks for a run down on the new features. Another thing to watch is that your 1/4" plywood may be just a bit thinner, so your stack up nay be a bit under 1/2". I have found that my machine acts up if the wood is just a bit under 1/2".

mtylerfl
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Good point, Jeff.

He does need to make sure the total thickness of the layers equals at least a true 1/2" to run it!

I had a guy call me Thurs and asked why his board kept getting "spat" out from the machine. First thing I asked was, "How thick is your board?". He replied, it's exactly a 1/2". Of course, then I KNEW it WASN'T! So, I asked him to humor me and measure it - sure 'nuff - it was a hair under the 1/2" and naturally, that was the source of the problem.

Simple fix - just get another board cut to the same size, stack 'em, run masking tape along the edges tighly and run the project!

Ken Massingale
11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks Michael, Ken and jeff.

I'm calling support in the morning and request that the error "Error Loading Size -60" be changed to ' You're a Dumba$$'

This was the forth template for the dollhouse I had done today, all the others cut fine.

On this one, as mentioned in the comments, I just stopped with the rectangle. Now if I had finished the project with a bit selected, cut depth, etc., as I did with the first 3, I wouldn't now look like an idiot. :-(