PDA

View Full Version : Sorta New

James RS
11-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I have been looking and reading about the Carvewright for about a year now.
I went down to my local Loews today where they were having a demo, applied for the card and came home with a machine. I haven't fired it up yet been doing some reading first.
I hope to be putting up some things very soon, and thank you for sharing the files.

Jim

Tom75
11-16-2008, 05:00 PM
welcom to the family . you will have lots of fun .

DocWheeler
11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Welcome Jim,

Please do a bunch of reading prior to attempting a major project. There is a learning curve to get over before becoming comfortable with the machine, and getting frustrated with it not doing what you expected can be avoided in most cases.

I found that I needed to create several small projects that were less than professional and having problems that led me to have to get inside the workings before getting comfortable. The newer machines have most (or all) of the early bugs worked out, but for me, it helped me understand the machine and feel confident that I could fix it if it broke.

If you have been following this forum for awhile, you have probably read several posts about problems and solutions. There is a wealth of knowledge in the prior posts that you can search and read.

Again, welcome, and may your learning curve be short and successful.

Jeff_Birt
11-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Jim. Be sure to check out the tutorials and Tips&Tricks available on the main CW website: http://www.carvewright.com/, under the support tab. Reading through teh Tips&Tricks will give you a bit of a head start by helping to avoid some of the common newbie errors.