PDA

View Full Version : Z Axes Stall

jwhllh55
11-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know how to tighten the Z Belt? It's the belt that moves the head up and down. I was carving foam and the cuttings got under the belt and the bottom roller. Now the belt has stretched to the point it is trying to jump the teeth. Any ideas?

John Hammett
Baker City, OR

Amonaug
11-15-2008, 06:46 PM
You'll need to take the cover off and in the back of the z-truck there are 2 bolts/screws that hold the motor in place. Loosen them and the screw with the spring that is on top of the truck. Tighten the belt then tighten the screws.

jwhllh55
11-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks, I figured that was the case. I'll tackle it in the morning. I've had this thing apart a number of times and it shouldn't take me long to get it fixed..
Thanks again..

Sometimes I need more then just help... My wife keeps telling me..
John Hammett
Baker City, OR

Digitalwoodshop
11-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Remember that top screw has a shoulder and will tighten up to a point and then the spring holds the pressure correct. Don't snap the top screw off.

AL

jwhllh55
11-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, after a very long list of Honey Do's.. I found time to work on the machine and got it working again, and learning alittle more about the carver as I did. One is make sure the top cover is plugged back in after you put all the screws back in. And I found out that it's a great time to clean and lube everything.
The one thing I will do is change up how the dust is cleaned up inside the machine. I like the idea of a three inch vac in the far end of the machine. Plus I have made a plastic cover for the belt and gears to keep the dust from getting a build up.
Thanks to all that has helped..
John Hammett
Baker City, OR