PDA

View Full Version : Trout project problem please help

TWOATLOW8
11-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Well i finally got around to my trout project....all i had was problems trying to run it.......:)

Got the pattern loaded to the card. ok
cut the board to size, ok
loaded the board, went thru all the setps and then it started to measure the board (width and length) ok.
then it asked me to load 1/16 carving bit. ok
then it went to the other side of the board and was checking depth ? i thought ok but then it asked me to check the adjustment bar for the width. and said it couldnt measure depth....so i stuck a couple of business cards underneath and it said carving pattern and it started to carve.ok
then it came to flip the board, fliped loaded 1/8 bit and gave me a Z error and stopped.:confused:

So now i have a one sided carve and dont know how to get to carve the front side out without redoing the back side....and alinging them up again thats going to be fun !!!!not:rolleyes:

So maybe if anyone else had the same problem with there carve they could give me a little advice.

maybe my Z is going ???:confused:

So then i thought maybe it was just the pattern, so i loaded another pattern onto the card and it ran just fine.

1.how do i get it to carve just the back side ?
2.is there different programming for the trout pattern ?
3.maybe my Z is going ?
4.why did it measure the depth of the board ?
5.is there soemthing wrogn with the pattern or is it me

Well it didnt work again now 6 pcs of scrap.....carvebuddy sent u a pm ?
otherwise i give up

brady.schwyhart
11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
When you are doing a two sided carve, it always carves the back side first. So if it had completed that part, open your pattern and remove anything you have on the back side, save and reload it onto your card and put the same board back into your machine with the backside down. That should let you carve the front of it because the board sizes and location of the carve have not changed. As for the slide rail issue, if your slide rail is not against the board, then the cutting bit and carving bits cant determine the depth. I had that happen to me the other day. If you could post your mpc I'd be more than happy to take a look at if for you.
Brady

TWOATLOW8
11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I had moved the slide rail to the edge of the board but the bit would come in contact with the slide rail unitl i put a couple of business cards where the bit would touch the cards and then took off...i measures the board with a micrometer and it came out to be .745 which is close enought to 3/4" unless this little machine can tell .005 differnce....i know for a full size Mazak or Haas CNC i ran parts that had a tolereance off +/- .0005 which i could hold...

brady.schwyhart
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I would recommend giving the LHR tech support folks a call about the bit not touching the rail. They are way smart when it comes to figuring out things like that. And yes, this machine is precise enough to recognize a .005 difference. You can actually increase or decrease your pattern depths by increments of .001
Brady

ChrisAlb
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
If the bit isn't touching the rail, I would check the Z movement for any roughness or obstructions. Sometimes the belt and or gears can get a little dust or some chips in them and not allow full smooth movement up and down.

Just a thought.

TWOATLOW8
11-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys !!

Last night / this morning tried i went into the design took ou tall the 1/8 cutting bit, ran the back half this morning, flipped it over and it started on the front side without a glitch. Didnt check the depth, oh ya i also went back to 1.26 not 1.31.....

Its carving as i speek....

I just will cut out with a scroll saw after...

I never used the 1/8 cutting bit before that was my first time. I always cut my projects with the scroll / band saw....

Chris i did clean out the z last night and it was full of dust, not clean kinda burnt color

lon711
01-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I had problem with my machine and ran that pattern 4 times . I sent in my mahine to get it fix and when I got it back i just loaded the same board and let it rip it followed the same pattern I had on the board. after i got my machine fix everything worked like a charm.

fwharris
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
I had problem with my machine and ran that pattern 4 times . I sent in my machine to get it fix and when I got it back i just loaded the same board and let it rip it followed the same pattern I had on the board. after i got my machine fix everything worked like a charm.

Glad to hear you are back in the carving business! Isn't this little carving machine a blast! Amazing accuracy!