PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Paul Brown
11-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't done a search yet, but it's after hours and I have my machine apart. It stalled here bout a month ago and gave me a y motor error. I have had a few problems with it then past, a lot of problems to be truthful, but am only right down the road from Pasadena. So I usually take it in when something goes wrong with it. The last time I tried to run a project it stalled and the truck would'nt move from side to side. I have taken it apart and only thing I might see, is that some slack in the gear inside the clear plastic cover in the Y motor assembly. The tensioner end is in good shape, turns fine. The Y motor assembly when out of machine turns pretty easily also. When I install the Y motor assembly back and tighten the bolts, It seems to start binding again. I've noticed some play in the gear inside the clear cover. Was wondering if this in normal, or is this my problem? Ok, so not so quick question, and help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paul Brown.

jcorder
11-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I am sure you probably did this already, but just a quick thought, look for a small piece of wood that could be jamming the truck and stopping it from moving

Paul Brown
11-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Jeff. I've already done that, I've got the whole Y motor assembly off right now. I've blown out every, the cleanest it's been in a long time. But the truck will move normal when I don't have the Y motor assembly in, no pieces of wood or even sawdust. When I put the assembly back in, it will move a little bit, but then locks up. Only thing I can see, is that theres enough slack in the big white gear inside the clear cover that it starts binding. I've just read the pdf file on Y stalls but did'nt see an answer on it. Thanks again. Paul Brown

jcorder
11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
aPaul,
Take a look at this thread, it is talking about cleaning the actual motors. Perhaps something is binding the motor.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=9081&highlight=clean