PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an answer

tackytim
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I am looking for answers to a couple questions regarding the machine.

I currently have a machine with a dead controller card and have not decided whether to replace it or get rid of the machine.

My machine was bought around April of 2007. I believe that was 5 or 6 months after it's official release. My question is, if I have a machine that had bugs in it, would a new controller card have any improvements over the old one that would make it operate any better?

My biggest concern is that i buy a new controller card and something else goes immediately in which case i would immediately dispose of it. I do know that maintainance and care is needed and things can/will go with time, however, I only have about 20 hours of cut time on the machine, and with the bad controller, i'm just worried that more things will go when/if i get it fixed.

Also, my last question is just a curiosity question. Is the controller card the most expensive part to replace or is there something else more costly than that.

Thanks for any help any of you guys can give. I like the machine and i'd really like to keep it, but i'm also trying to be cost effective at the same time.

Tim

jcorder
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I am looking for answers to a couple questions regarding the machine.

I currently have a machine with a dead controller card and have not decided whether to replace it or get rid of the machine.

My machine was bought around April of 2007. I believe that was 5 or 6 months after it's official release. My question is, if I have a machine that had bugs in it, would a new controller card have any improvements over the old one that would make it operate any better?

My biggest concern is that i buy a new controller card and something else goes immediately in which case i would immediately dispose of it. I do know that maintainance and care is needed and things can/will go with time, however, I only have about 20 hours of cut time on the machine, and with the bad controller, i'm just worried that more things will go when/if i get it fixed.

Also, my last question is just a curiosity question. Is the controller card the most expensive part to replace or is there something else more costly than that.

Thanks for any help any of you guys can give. I like the machine and i'd really like to keep it, but i'm also trying to be cost effective at the same time.

Tim

Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Have you called the techs at CarveWright and ran your questions past them? I have found all of them to be very honest and up front with me. If you have not, I would ask those questions to them and give them the chance to help you make a more informed decision since they work on them old and new, all the time.

Good luck
Jeff

tackytim
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I got my answers this morning. I called LHR and talked to a rep and ordered my controller card. He did say it is the most expensive part to replace, followed by the cut motor. I'm looking forward to getting the new controller card and getting my machine back up and running, hopefully this weekend if it arrives by friday (crosses fingers)

jcorder
11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear they were able to help you. It is a great machine and well worth putting a few bucks into keeping it running. The potential with it is limitless. And if you decide to part with it after you replace the card, I am sure you will get out of it what you have in it.
Good luck!
Jeff