View Full Version : Combine Lines?

randygeorge
11-10-2008, 06:59 AM
How do you or can someone either fix or tell me how to combine all the lines (so that it is one continious line) in the attached file? The help fuction is horrible.

Thanks!!

LollyWood
11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Not too tough Randy, (That's why I know it ;)) Re draw, or trace over your Pattern w/ the connected line tool, not segmented line. Ensure thr red dots light up before you move from each end, and you in. These will also connect arcs.

Something like this I think..
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=9186

Amonaug
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Best done as Lollywood said with a connected line but can be done with any. When drawing make sure the previous line is selected then with the new line mouse over the red dot of the previous line and a "cross" will appear, this means that if you click now the new line will become part of the previous line.

You can do this with your current setup, just select the 2 lines you want to connect then click and drag the dot where they meet until you get the cross then release the mouse button and the 2 lines will become one. Unfortunately you CANNOT connect mirrored lines and will have to redraw the other side.