PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text not carving consistant

jcorder
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Ok, I am sure I have seen this, but after about an hour of seaching the forum, I am posting again. I am using the 1.131 software and I seem to have developed an issue with centerline. I worked on two separate projects today and the text is not a consistant depth. It is not off from one side of the board to the other to tell me it might be a head level issue, it is just some letters are not carved to depth.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Jeff

Amonaug
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Not exactly the problem I have, at least not within the same project.

The problem I have is running the same project it sometimes carves perfect, too deep or too shallow. It's not really a warped board problem since the whole project carves the same depth. But sometimes when I run it again it's not exactly like it carved before.

jcorder
11-09-2008, 06:09 PM
this this just seems to pick like the bottom throat of an S or the bottom tail of the L and just does not carve it. I also found like the letter T, the top of the T was carved and the down line was very light.

Dan-Woodman
11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Does it do this on many different fonts?
later Daniel

jcorder
11-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I had different fonts on both projects and it did it to both

Digitalwoodshop
11-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Using the Options and Z Data on the display place a board in the machine and a bit and touch the board in 3 places and look at the numbers. I believe your head might not be level.

If that is it you need to remove the bottom and disconnect the cross gear and manually level the head and reinstall the cross gear.

Call LHR and they will walk you through it or ask for the machine back to fix.

AL

jcorder
11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks I will give that a try and then give them a call. I take it each place the bit touches should give me the same reading.