PDA

View Full Version : I need some help please!

slcombs
11-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Guys, i'm new here and I need help! Is there any way to convert a lined drawing and make it engrave instead of carve like it would if it was cut in text? Any help or instructions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

jcorder
11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
when you finish with it in designer, just open the carving tools and invert the pattern. I think that will do what you are asking.

slcombs
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I think I Tried That but i'm want it to cut in one pass like centerline

Thanks Steve

Amonaug
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
There is no way to directly import vectors into designer. You would basically have to redraw it in Designer using lines, arcs, etc.

Dan-Woodman
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Kevin
What about that link we saw here awhile back , I think it's www.vectormagic.com
later Daniel

bjbethke
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys, i'm new here and I need help! Is there any way to convert a lined drawing and make it engrave instead of carve like it would if it was cut in text? Any help or instructions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve
Welcome, Is this what you are looking for?

Amonaug
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Kevin
What about that link we saw here awhile back , I think it's www.vectormagic.com
later Daniel

That still wouldn't give paths to use a v-bit on would it? Or are you using "Outline Pattern" to get the paths, guess that would work :)

slcombs
11-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Hi it looks like what i'm looking for how do you do it

Thanks
STEVE

bjbethke
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
To carve a line drawing like the Centerline Type, (“V” bit) I make a pattern of the drawing. If it is a bitmap file I use Illustrator (Live Trace) to change it to a vector format. Then remove the background, export the image in a 300DPI, PNG format, you can remove the background in the Designer Pattern Editor also.

To make your MPC, load the PTN, Outline the PTN, select the “V” bit and select the depth you want, and then remove the PTN – The CW machine will carve with the “V” bit only. If you do not remove the PTN it will carve the pattern first. And you will need to load the two bits. (More run time)

I just downloaded Corel Draw graphics suite x4. It’s a lot different than my Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 2. It may take me some time to get use to it. It does work in Vector images like Illustrator and it imports and exports a lot more file then my Photoshop CS2 programs and they can be exported in PNG format also.

Hope this helps.

Don Butler
11-11-2008, 06:54 AM
BJB,
Once you get well up on the learning curve you'll have great results from CorelDraw and it's photo program PhotoPaint.
I also use Corel's PaintShop Pro for some extra features. While I have access to other programs, these are the ones I use most consistantly.
Best regards,
Don