PDA

View Full Version : Help with Z-truck Maintenance

turtleman1982
11-09-2008, 04:59 PM
So I noticed my z-truck and Flex-shaft running pretty hot. First thing I did was lube the flex-shaft as per CW instructions. Next, I started cleaning the Z-truck with WD-40. yes, I know bad idea. I didn't read all of the posts.

Anyways, My thought was that I flushed all of the grease.

I started by pulling off the z-truck, as I got the bearing loose, I noticed a white FCC cable (Pic 1) attached from the Z-pack to the Z-truck. I had never heard of this before, nor was it in the CW directions. It was connected to a "Z-sensor" (Pic 2). I found that it had broke from its mount (pic 4), I'm hoping a little silicone will do the trick. Is this an old part not being used anymore? my unit is almost 2 years old. (CompuCarve).

As I mentioned, my main concern was the upper & lower bearing of the Z-truck. I'm not sure I want to tackle trying to replace them myself, anyone have any idea what it costs to have CW put in new bearings for me? Also, about how many times should the QC spin freely when you don't have the flex-shaft installed? I get about 3 rotations at most, seems a little jerky almost.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Digitalwoodshop
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
You have half the battle already having the Z off. I have posted some instructions in other Z bearing posts.

They do sell them and always buy extra screws as they can snap if you tighten them incorrectly.

That old Circuit board in the Z is no longer used.

Research the New Z Bundle Posts for pictures, you want the new Z bundle and install it.

AL