PDA

View Full Version : Frustration (control board)

tackytim
11-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I am pretty frustrated today. I have put not even 20 cut hours on my machine and have gone through a QC (not a big deal), and just recently a ztruck. (not too big of a deal) i finished installing the ztruck and it went very smoothly, being carefull not to interfere with the sensitive components. I loaded up the memory card with a project i was going to do for a Christmas present, and i turn the machine on to get (SRAM 2 10485762).

After searching the forum i reformatted the memory card, verified that i have the latest software and firmware and tried again. Same thing. Called LHR and found out that as the forum had told me, i need a new control board. I am not planning on spending the $200 to get the new one, as the machine is not worth it to me to continue to dump money in. I'm not sure if i have one of the "lemon" machines, but next time i make a purchase like this one, i have learned my lesson to put it through it's paces while still under warranty.

Now my only decision is whether to part it out or try to sell it as a "used in need of repair" unit.

Mind you if i used the machine constantly, i would have no problem with the new control board, especially since with constant use things do tend to go, but for the weekend warrior i am, it's just too much for me to pay for the novelty of having this machine, and for the few hours i've actually been able to use it.

My only question is whether or not there is such a thing as a reconditioned control board that would be a cheaper alternative than buying new.

I love the machine itself, but i just can't keep putting money into it every time i need to carve.