PDA

View Full Version : Making frame corners

jfewebs
11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I am trying to make a frame to go around a project. Basically I want to draw a rectangle. On each corner I would like to put a rounded drop down. Picture placing a circle on each corner extending into the inside of the rectangle. I want to be able to eliminate everything in the corners except where the circle touches the rectangle from the inside. Hope somebody can understand what I am trying to do.

ChrisAlb
11-07-2008, 04:03 AM
I am trying to make a frame to go around a project. Basically I want to draw a rectangle. On each corner I would like to put a rounded drop down. Picture placing a circle on each corner extending into the inside of the rectangle. I want to be able to eliminate everything in the corners except where the circle touches the rectangle from the inside. Hope somebody can understand what I am trying to do.

Hi jfewebs and Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean something like this? http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

jfewebs
11-07-2008, 10:06 AM
That is the idea, How did you do it. I don't want to do a cut out, but just use the 1/4" round bit to route the line.

ChrisAlb
11-07-2008, 10:31 AM
On the MPC file I posted, you can just remove the cut out and assign any bit you like to the path. To create the path is actually easier to do than explain...LOL...but here goes...

1) Put a rectangle on the board and center it both ways

2) With the rectangle selected, right click on the top line near a corner and select "Insert Vertex"

3) Right click on the side line near the same corner and select "Insert Vertex" (at this point I like to "attach" the new vertex's to the center lines to fix them at a specific distance from the corner)

4) Right click on the "Corner" vertex and select "Remove Vertex" (You'll now have a straight line between the two new vertex you just made)

5) Right click on that line and select "Form/Arc". Drag the Green center to what you want.

Repeat the above for the other 3 corners.

jfewebs
11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Chris. I appreciate your help.

- Jack -

ChrisAlb
11-07-2008, 10:42 PM
My pleasure!