PDA

View Full Version : I need with a cross

FINGERS
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I like to make a cross a big cross something like 4 or 5 feet tall what I'm looking for is something with decorated ends and I'll dress it up and carve two parts and then put it together,I live in a small town and we have a small cemetary with some bare and unmarked graves just numbered, so I taked to the town clerk who has a lumber yard and he is willing to supply the lumber and I'll do the carving I'm thinking of using some AC2 and a spar seal I think it'll out live me, O'well thats my winter project .
10-Q
Mike

Ike
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Seems you would need to make this project in 2 parts. You are limited to 14 1/2" for the width if you want to make the whole thing using the CW. It may look out of proportion.

I made a mpc to show you what I mean. Also have a 3D cross. Still think a 2 piece project would be best. I suggest to dado out the back of cross member as forth to the vertical part. Dado it enough so both pieces fit flush and tight.

If you have a radial arm saw it is tedious but works well and keeps the depth correct.

Ike

FINGERS
11-06-2008, 04:53 PM
thank's ike the ptn is nice but I need the one pice.