PDA

View Full Version : Centerline bug?

Amonaug
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I've done this project 16+ times now (it's a plaque for a Boy Scout Camp). And from time to time it will skip going back to finish a letter it started. I know sometimes it'll skip whole letters and go back and put them in before the projects finishes but this is all out not finishing the letter and not always and not the same letter all the time.

It's not a loose bit either or a warp in the wood. For example this last run it carved the middle part of the s at the end of creatures but didn't finish it. All other letters in the same area including the s in beast are fine and it carved that same s in other runs.

DocWheeler
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Kevin,

I have never had Black Chancery skip letters, if that is what you are using for the lower text. I do not know what the font is for the top text. Which one is giving the problems
I have found that some fonts will randomly do letters different in the same text-string (I wish that I had written down which fonts).
Since it is probably the font, try carving with another one - that is the best that I can think of right now.

Kenm810
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Some time ago, I was testing different size text in Centerline.
One of the text sets came up with a flaw in a letter X and C,
so I ran the carving again and the flaw was still there.
I open the file and re-typed the X and C and the flaw was gone.
I don't know what caused it of if re-typing the 2 letters really fixed anything.
But it did for me just that once. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Amonaug
11-03-2008, 07:09 PM
The font is Black Chancery and it's not ALWAYS skipping and not always the same letter. Sometimes it will not finish them, sometimes it won't. And I'm not removing the card or changing the file between carvings, they are all from the same uploaded file.

The text is rather small which may give it fits from time to time.

I can't really change the font since
1) the customer liked and approved this font already
2) I've already carved this 16 times and have a total of 50 plaques to make.

I'll just have to go back through them and hand correct them with a dremel and pray for steady hands :)

mtylerfl
11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello Kevin,

I'm sure LHR would be very interested in this. Might give 'em a call, explain it, then email them the mpc (and font if necessary) so they can determine what's going on.

Deolman
11-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I would agree with a previous post and give LHR a call. Perhaps they have an answer already.

This may be a verryyy long shot, but is there a possibility there may be some corruption in the font file? It wouldn't take much to unload the file and install a new downloaded file. Have you checked the event viewer on your PC for any errors lately?

GrammaPam
11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry you are having problems Amonaug. I don't think I'll ever understand everything there is to know about computers. I have a rose design that works fine on one side of a design but has yet to carve all the lines on the "mirror" copy. But that is consistant. Ken, what bit is that on your test? Straight edges but very small? Everyone else watching is probally curious too.
Thanks
G.P.

Kenm810
11-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi G.P.,

Quote; (Ken, what bit is that on your test?)

Both the Small and the Large text were MS Sans Serif
carver with 90 Degree --- 90-V groove Bit.

Ps. I just noticed the lines on the "x" I typed a minute ago
Hmmm could it be?? -- by accident or coincidence.