PDA

View Full Version : electric guitar

musicman
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi
I am looking for a electric guitar pattern. It's a birthday gift for my son-in law, he has sold about every thing to help build there new home. If the cost of the pattern isn't to hi I would like to carve one for his birthday. Anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. ( I did a search on form didn't find anything) Matt who no longer works CarveWright said he would help me but I don't know how to get in touch with him Thanks

Ike
11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Not sure if you want a pattern for a sign or a guitar pattern? Anyway here is a pattern, liquid guitar makes real guitars, so if you are looking for a pattern to make a real one. he would be the the one to ask!

Also close to 3D!

Ike

musicman
11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the guitar. I am looking for a real one, I'll contact them. thanks again musicman

Ike
11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Thought so I don't have a real pattern.

Ike

pcfry
11-08-2008, 01:10 AM
If anyone gets a pattern, I'd also be interested in getting a copy, of the body and of the neck. thanks.

-Paul

ChrisAlb
11-08-2008, 05:21 AM
You folks wanting to carve a REAL guitar absolutely need to speak with LG (Liquidguitars), about it. It's far more involved than simply obtaining a "pattern" and feeding the CW wood.

LG has made an amazing science of sled building & design, indexing and proper set up to accomplish the simply AWESOME results he gets. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from the attempt as I hope to do one myself one day. Just wanted to let you know to be prepared for some of the intricacies involved. I know when I'm ready to attempt one myself, LG will be the man I'll want to speak with about it.

Out of respect to LG, and in an effort to keep him from being bombarded with "repeated" questions, I'd HIGHLY recommend searching through LG's posts FIRST. After having been in this forum for well over a year, I've had the opportunity to read MANY of them and there is a fair amount of info available on the subject.

pcfry
11-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I've seen LG's website and his work is incredible. And, of course, there is a bunch of nuances that go into creating a finished product. But one has to start somewhere. LG's doing that for a business and I for one would not encroach on someone's business opportunity by asking for their pattern. :D

Perhaps I'll just grab a POS guitar from a pawn shop and scan it with the probe. (But first I have to get the Pattern Editor software from the probe's previous owner.)

Thanks.

- Paul