PDA

View Full Version : carvewright subscription project for november

mark1945
11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Has anyone downloaded the new outhouse bulletin board. I downloaded it several times and when I try to extract it from zip file it tells me it's empty and corrupt.It shows that I have it on my license page and went there no problem.Anyone who has any idea what I can try next,or I guess I just call LHR on Monday. Mark1945:confused:

mtylerfl
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Has anyone downloaded the new outhouse bulletin board. I downloaded it several times and when I try to extract it from zip file it tells me it's empty and corrupt.It shows that I have it on my license page and went there no problem.Anyone who has any idea what I can try next,or I guess I just call LHR on Monday. Mark1945:confused:

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. That Outhouse project is a fun one, and I'm sure you are anxious to get started on it. (By the way, I have another really cool project coming for the next subscription project! I'll probably post a photo of it next week in the Gallery.)

Usually when you get a "corrupt or empty" message from a zipped file, it is often because your computer tried to "open" the file instead of "extract" the file. (Attempting to open a zipped file generates the false message.)

It is doubtful that there is anything wrong with the zip file itself, but anything is possible. If you can, try another unzip program to extract it instead of whatever you are currently using (WinRar is a free/good one to try). I'll bet it will extract just fine, but if not, please call LHR Tech Support on Monday for assistance. I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Jvicaretti
11-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I tried three times to download the file but each time it comes up as empty.

sjknoll
11-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm having the same problem

atauer
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. That Outhouse project is a fun one, and I'm sure you are anxious to get started on it. (By the way, I have another really cool project coming for the next subscription project! I'll probably post a photo of it next week in the Gallery.)

Usually when you get a "corrupt or empty" message from a zipped file, it is often because your computer tried to "open" the file instead of "extract" the file. (Attempting to open a zipped file generates the false message.)

It is doubtful that there is anything wrong with the zip file itself, but anything is possible. If you can, try another unzip program to extract it instead of whatever you are currently using (WinRar is a free/good one to try). I'll bet it will extract just fine, but if not, please call LHR Tech Support on Monday for assistance. I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Mike,

I just tried it myself and was unable to get the file. I tried to open first and got the same error message everyone else was. Then i tried to extract and got a message stating that there was nothing to extract. I'll let them know as soon as i get there in the morning. Everyone that got the error message, please email us and I will reply as soon as the message is resolved. Please send all emails regarding this project to software@carvewright.com.

Thanks again,

mtylerfl
11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello Alex,

Thanks for verifying the problem and for taking care of this.

I/we appreciate all your help!

b.sumner47
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Mike,down loaded yesterday, carved today,no problems,except longer than 4 hrs.Fun project. Thanks Capt.Barry

mtylerfl
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Mike,down loaded yesterday, carved today,no problems,except longer than 4 hrs.Fun project. Thanks Capt.Barry

Great! Thanks for letting me know. I have noticed that version 1.131 does add a bit more time to every project, but the carve results seem to be higher quality than some earlier versions of the software.

I wonder why the other folks are having a problem with the zip file. Strange:confused:

atauer
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Everyone,

I just downloaded WinRAR and used it to unzip the files. They work just fine. The issue must lay in the actual compression of the files. Maybe a different program was used to compress the files this time....

Well, off to tell the engineers so they can get this fixed ASAP.

HighTechOkie
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
How large is the compressed file? Maybe people are trying to open it before the file has completed downloading?

Rob

atauer
11-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Ken,

The zipped file is 4.1 megs in size. Depending on your internet connection, it should only take just a couple minutes at the most to download.

The issue is definitely compression related. I've been trying different compression programs to open it and am compiling a list of the ones that work.

atauer
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Here is a free unzip program that works. File is rather small.

http://free-backup.info/

Select the "JustZIPIt" software. Its the second on the page.

Betty Woodall
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I had trouble getting the license activated so I sent a e-mail to LHR and the next time I tried to activate the project it worked. I just now uploaded the project onto the card without any problems. Have not run it yet. BW

atauer
11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Everyone,

I just heard from the software engineers that the issue has been resolved. Your best bet would be to re-download the project to ensure that you have the newest version available. Once downloaded, simply open as normal.