PDA

View Full Version : Problem using symbol font with Centerline text

Jrdarrah
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm trying to use a ttf symbol font of a cross to carve it using a centerline text. The symbol shows up properly in everything but the CW software. I've attached a .jpg of what it should look like which is a cross with diamonds on the points. Instead, the CW software puts a plain old T. Since this is the only letter in my symbol font, any letter should work and give the Cross. Any idea why CW can't figure out how to get it to cooperate.

sewpeck
10-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Is this what you want

sewpeck
10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
The other is the ninety degree bit this is the 60.

DocWheeler
10-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Sawpeck,

For those of us that do not have that font installed, where did you get it?

cnsranch
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Sewpeck - like Doc says, if we don't have your font installed, it just shows up as a "1" when we open your attachment.

Jrdarrah
10-31-2008, 08:18 PM
It was supposed to be a cross. I'm looking at how I created it in CorelDraw. I'm not sure I did it correctly. If I get it working, I'll repost here. Thanks Jim

mtylerfl
10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
It was supposed to be a cross. I'm looking at how I created it in CorelDraw. I'm not sure I did it correctly. If I get it working, I'll repost here. Thanks Jim

Couple things...

1) Designer's text window does not recognize special characters (i.e., any characters or symbols that use an Alt+key+numerical value to display a character or symbol such as true quotes (”) or fractions (½), for example.

2) You could convert any special symbol to curves in CorelDraw (Arrange/Convert to Curves) then export it as a graphic (png), then make it a pattern in Designer. Then you could insert it wherever you wish in your layout in Designer.