PDA

View Full Version : Chuck removal

Slapneckblack
10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Is it possible to remove the quick chuck from the head without removing the head from the track? I'm having some REAL issues with the chuck, and it's near impossible to troubleshoot on the machine.

I've called on this machine two times in the last 10 days (both times with promise of a telephone follow up) but I've gotten no response. One of those "I'll be talking to the (other) department n get right back with you"

Riiiight...

Thanks

bjbethke
10-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes you can.

skeeterman
10-30-2008, 06:06 PM
slapneckback, I have never had a problem talking to a carvewright tech. each and every time i have called i spoke directly with a tech.
the only time i could not reach them was when huricane Ike took phone lines down. maybe you should try again

rjustice
10-30-2008, 07:58 PM
If you need the tools, i can fix you up... just click on the link below and email me.

Thanks,

Ron

Slapneckblack
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I did get the chuck off, I didn't have a flat 7/8, but I did have a fat 7/8 and a bench grinder. So now I got a flat 7/8.

Skeeter thanks, but I emailed in a project (file) along with photo of a piece I did showing the problem. Tech had me upgrade my software and flash my card. After talking to them and they said they would be calling me back when they determined there was no prob with my pattern. Never heard anything back so called again in three days, and the conversation ended with "I'll talk to the software folks and be calling you right back" that was two weeks ago.

The qc on this machine has a definate 'catch' or something in it that won't release a bit without a lot of tinkering like 15 minutes for a bit change. Although I can't ~see~ anything wrong with it I rekon I'll order another and try to get something easier to work with. It's been finicky since the day I got it and now seems to be getting worse.

Audie
10-31-2008, 09:47 AM
If you need the tools, i can fix you up... just click on the link below and email me.

Thanks,

Ron

Hey Ron,

How is it going on the new improved QCs you are working on? I am interested as soon as you get them!

Audie

rjustice
11-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Hey Ron,

How is it going on the new improved QCs you are working on? I am interested as soon as you get them!

Audie

Hi Audie,
I have had to answer this question several direct emails as well. I was hoping to have them out by now, but we have had a huge amount of work going through the machines at work. It is looking like they will be opening up within the next couple weeks, and i can then go into production with the replacement chucks. The good news is, in the meantime, I have been able to work on the second version, which allows multiple bit changes in one project (like the QC) and feel good about the way it works, and will probably release it at the same time. I will make an announcement here on the forum, and also do a direct email to everyone that has purchased from me before.

If you havent ordered from me before, but want an email sent to you when the chucks are available, Please send me an email at the link below and put "Replacement chuck interest" in the subject line.

Thanks Much, and Happy Carving to everyone!

Ron