PDA

View Full Version : Help With Pattern Editor, Some Tools Stop Working

George Keefe
10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I have version 1.131 of Designer. Since updating to this version, pattern editor is doing strange things. I will open a pattern that I am working on. All tools work for a short period. Then, suddenly, the eraser stops working, the eye droper stops working, the paint brush stops working. Other tools, such as the blur tool seem to keep functioning.

Anyone have ideas on this one.

George Keefe
USN Submarine Service Retired

Amonaug
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Take a look at this thread which may explain some things you are seeing. The tools don't actually stop working, they are just working different than you expect.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8866

DrBob
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
My Ereaser won't work either
Bob

bjbethke
10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I found this also a few times with the pattern editor. I save the MPW file and just reload it and that clears the problem.

Jeff_Birt
10-30-2008, 04:12 PM
If it seems like most of the tools stop working it might be due to the fact that you accidentally created a really small selection area. A selection area will only allow you to edit inside of it. To see if that is it slick Edit->Select None.

George Keefe
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Thank you all for replying. I will see if I can understand how to work around this issue. I also contacted Carvewright support. Carvewright support response follows:

"Mr. Keefe,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the issues within the Pattern Editor. Changes were made as a test and they were not reset when the release was made. The tools will work correctly in the next release. However, there is not a set time period for the next release.
We hope that this information is both clear and helpful to you. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or issues.

Thank you again,

Alex Tauer
Carvewright/Compucarve Support Team
(713)473-6572"

I will try to figure out how to work around for now. I do appreciate everyone's help.

George Keefe
USN Submarine Service Retired