PDA

View Full Version : Just finished these last night

brady.schwyhart
10-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Here are couple that I finished up last night. The first two are from angel patterns that I got from here. My wife really likes angels an cherubs, so ya'll know who they are for. The last one is for a buddy of mine from my last tour in Iraq. He is one awesome soldier and an even better friend. He truly defines what it means to be a Ranger.
Brady

liquidguitars
10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Very nice! and proud of his service for the United States.

LG

leesheridan
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Looks very good. But most of all tell him thanks for the service.

RayTrek
10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Brady, your carvings and patterns are Great and inspiring
Thank you for the time to share.
Ray

brady.schwyhart
10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
I really appreciate all the nice things everyone has said. Although I have to be honest, some of the other folks on here are true artists! I'm just a hobbiest when it comes to woodworking. It's always been a nice escape for me ever since I was a kid and a great way to help wind down and cool out after combat deployments. And, since I am now retired from the Army and will no longer wear the uniform, I have gotten into it pretty deeply while waiting to leave for my new job. It keeps me busy and keeps the wife happy cause I'm makin her stuff instead of drivin her nuts! Ha ha.
Brady

Audie
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Awesome Brady! Love the "Heart -n- Angels", need to make that one for my lady! OMG, Valentines Day is almost here! {chisel, chisel, sand, sand}

Audie :confused:

brady.schwyhart
10-30-2008, 03:37 PM
For the heart and angels here is the mpc I used. Hope it helps.
Brady

ps: angel frame1 is the one I just carved today, I'll post a pic of it after it's finished.

Kenm810
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
All Great Projects, very well done!!
Thank so much for Sharing your work http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Audie
10-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Thank you so much for sharing the MPCs Brady!

<Firing up the CW!>

brady.schwyhart
10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Not a problem Audie, glad to do it. For a finish, all projects were done on white board pine and stained with Minwax Golden Oak, then one coat of Minwax Clear Satin polyurethane. Almost all of my projects are done on white board pine cause it's cheap, carves pretty good and if there is a boo boo it can usually be sanded out rather easily. I've done a few on white aspen and it was okay. Just did my first carve in oak a few days ago and am amazed at how it turned out. It's another Ranger tab, but I haven't stained it yet. Once I get it finished I'll probably post a pic. Thanks for all the nice compliments guys, it really means a lot.
Brady

TerryT
10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Those are very nice Brady. The finish is excellent, good work.

jpeter14
10-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Very nice job, the finish is also very good. The "Ranger" one looks like it bows out, nice effect.