PDA

View Full Version : Motion Flush W/O Servo "Error 615"

sgwillis
10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I started having problems today with my Compucarve not measuring the board.

It would start to measure the width, stop briefly and the edge then proceed to the far side of the machine and return saying to clear board sensor.

After doing this a few times, I finally got the error message in the title "Motion Flush W/O Servo Error 615".

The only error message on the forum with "615" is for the pattern scanner.

I had also gotten a message earlier in the carving to chect cut motor but pressed the enter button to continue and it proceeded to carve the back side of the board.

When I flipped over the board to carve the front side is when I started getting the board measurement problem.

I just started using firmware version 1.31 but don't think it is the problem.

I had found a small magnet on the bit touch plate earlier but it appears to be from the router bit holder that I have on the side of the machine.

Thanks.

Scott:

Digitalwoodshop
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Magnet most likely from your Bit KIT box... holds the bit in place now gone....

Sounds like a board detector problem, could be a dirty lens on the bottom.

Place a piece of White Copy paper on the board and use the options and check the numbers for the board detector. 165 is good... 60 or less not so good..... Copy paper just makes a good standard rather than yellow board?????....

Could be one of the two LED in the board detector broke.

Or... Could be a bad Y Encoder???

Or... Could be a bad Computer Controller???

AL

oldjoe
10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I just had the same problem on a two sided carve this weekend. Cleaned board sensor after doing a sensor check board sensor was reading 245. The material was walnut that I had masked off. Carved back okay but when flipped that is when the problems started I was thinking the board had a twist in it but not sure. After some perswasion I got the front to carve but I pulled a bonehead move and just recarved the back pattern on the front all over again so now I have and upside down front side or is the back upside down. But I too just upgraded. Good thing I have a spare board sensor. I think that is where the problem lies.