PDA

View Full Version : I hav two questions I need some help with

SJF
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Last week I started to carve a project. Everything was working fine while the machine carved out my design with the 1/16 bit. When it came time for me to load the 1/8 cutting bit to cut out my project (cut path) the carvewright mach did not recognize the 1/8 cutting bit. Tried several times over and over again to reload the bit but had no success. My questions are as follows......

A). How did this happen and how do I fix it & avoid it in the future ?

B). Since I already have my project carved, can I go back and cut it out from my board (machine was totally shut down) to pick up where I left off ?

Thank You.

Amonaug
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
What do you mean it didn't recognise the bit? What exactly is happening after you load the bit into the QC? Is it touching the bit plate? Or are you getting a "1) re-find 2) continue" message on the LCD or does it just keep asking for the 1/8" cutting bit over and over?

Realise if you have both cut paths and drilling it will ask for the 1/8" cutting bit twice in a row usually.

2) Yes. All you need to do is open your project and if using 1.31 select everything but the cut paths and use the hide tool. Then upload to your card usually with a different name. You do not need to save the project before uploading.

2b) If you don't have 1.31 then select everything but the cut paths and delete them then follow above.

SJF
10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Amonaug;68425]What do you mean it didn't recognise the bit? What exactly is happening after you load the bit into the QC? Is it touching the bit plate? Or are you getting a "1) re-find 2) continue" message on the LCD or does it just keep asking for the 1/8" cutting bit over and over?

That you for your reply...what I mean is that the machine prompts me to load the the 1/8th cutting bit. When I load that bit and press enter themachine goes through some motions (finding surface / homing) than suddenly stops and prpmpts me again to load the 1/8 bit. I remove the bit and press enter agin and does the same as above.

SJF
10-27-2008, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Amonaug;68425]What do you mean it didn't recognise the bit? What exactly is happening after you load the bit into the QC? Is it touching the bit plate? Or are you getting a "1) re-find 2) continue" message on the LCD or does it just keep asking for the 1/8" cutting bit over and over?

Thank you for your reply...what I mean is that the machine prompts me to load the the 1/8th cutting bit. When I load that bit and press enter the machine goes through some motions (finding surface / homing) than suddenly stops and prompts me again to load the 1/8 bit. I remove the bit and press enter again and does the same as above.

Amonaug
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM
When you say some motions....is it touching the bit plate? That's the little metal plate that comes out on the opposite side from the keypad.

Is the bit plate coming out all the way?

HelpBot3000
10-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Kevin, I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. That sounds like a bit plate error to me. The bit plate is controlled mechanically, not electronically. So, if the Y truck is being obstructed on the Y rail that could be an issue. Additionally, sometimes you just need to lubricate that spring that the bit plate pivots on. I've had people use plain WD-40 and just shoot some on the underside of that plate and flex it a couple of times to work it into the screw. Most of the time that does the trick. If you are getting a good contact with the bit plate and still have this issue, call Hardware Support so we can speak further with you.

SJF
10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Thank so much for the help...I will have to check that out.