PDA

View Full Version : resetting and reconfiguring the display panel

jimbu
10-26-2008, 06:27 PM
My LED window shows nothing but slashes. I know there is a keyboard command to reset it as I have seen it posted before but cannot find it. Help please.
jimbu

mtylerfl
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
My LED window shows nothing but slashes. I know there is a keyboard command to reset it as I have seen it posted before but cannot find it. Help please.
jimbu

I've never heard of a reset command from the keypad at all.

Some simple things to check...

Is your shop temperature above 55°?

Did you try to remove or insert the memory card while the power was turned on? (a no-no)

Did you try reformatting your memory card?

Is the memory card inserted properly?

jimbu
10-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes to allyou comments except the memory card install and removal. I know better then to do so. I have seen a post as to how to reset the display panel, so I know it can be done.
jimbu

mtylerfl
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes to allyou comments except the memory card install and removal. I know better then to do so. I have seen a post as to how to reset the display panel, so I know it can be done.
jimbu

Hello Jimbu,

You might be thinking of the contrast adjustment for the LCD display - that's the only user-adjustable LCD control there is. There is no reset function via the keypad.

jimbu
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Michael I am afeaid you are mistaken.
I had the same problem over a year ago and posted the same ?
I was given the answer and it corrected the problem.
I should have kept the soluation so I would have had the answer.
Someone will come up with the "fix"
jimbu

mtylerfl
10-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Michael I am afeaid you are mistaken.
I had the same problem over a year ago and posted the same ?
I was given the answer and it corrected the problem.
I should have kept the soluation so I would have had the answer.
Someone will come up with the "fix"
jimbu

Hello Jimbu,

Ok, I'll believe it when I see it!

Give LHR Tech Support a call and see if they can give you the info you need to "reset the LCD from the keypad", then please let us all know what that is. We would certainly appreciate it - thanks.

By the way, I just searched all the posts you have made (trying to find the post you thought you made regarding the LCD)- your oldest (and first) was on 07/07/07. I did not see any post you made regarding an LCD reset.