PDA

View Full Version : Search???

jimbu
10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Here is my search question
(resetting and reconfiguring the display panel}
Why do I always get the following window???
the term you specified (the) is under the minimum word length {4} and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

It looks like 6 words to me!! I always get this message when doing a search. Extremely annoying
jimbu

Reset
10-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Jimbu,

The way search is configured here, words under 4 letter are not recognized. In order to get around that, but quotes around what you are searching for.

example: "resetting and reconfiguring the display panel" opposed to bit plate

Generally, leaving out words like and & the is better anyway, no need for all the threads containing and and the to be found in the search results.

Although, surrounding the search criteria in quotes may also look for the exact words in the exact order as typed. Someone else may be able to answer that question. (Depends on how the forum is configured).

Yes, it is annoying, but it would be far worse if the information wasn't out there at all!

Tommy :)

Kenm810
10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
jimbu,

The search term you specified (Led) is under (4) the minimum word length (4) Letters

If you add an astrick to the end of the (3) letter word (Led*) it will complete the search and high light the word in Red.

Your Question (resetting and reconfiguring the display panel}
Have you tried a complete shut down and unplugged your machine? -- then plug it in again, load the card and turn it on.

Dan-Woodman
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
You can also click on your own name and look at all of your posts. Maybe you can find the one that tells you how to reset it.
later Daniel

jimbu
11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I called support about resetting the display LED read out. There was indeed a command to do so, however the tech said in later updates that function was taken out.
Thanks for the info on searches.
jimbu

Dan-Woodman
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
So did they fix your problem from there, or what do you need to do to fix it?
later Daniel