PDA

View Full Version : Open Door Sensor

BigMax
10-26-2008, 10:03 AM
My problem started with an X-stall that could have possibly been caused by a piece of rubber that dropped from a deteriorating flexshaff - although never proven. During my search (by feeling track and Y truck. I accidently (thinking that it was a piece of the rubber from the shaft) pulled off a small cable that controlled the Z-Truck.

Upon instructions via a pdf document I removed the top cover, but never detached any cables from it. Thus I was able to reattach the Z-truck cable (a 1/4 cable with 4 pins). After replacing the cable, I now have a hard "Open Door" sensor problem.

Reading some of the other entries to the forum, I too was mistaken that this sensor was on the left side (away from the handle) facing the back. Can someone verify this for me because I did pull on that set of wires some and may have dislodged something there. And, 2) if the door sensor is on the right side (by the handle), what would be the correct way to get access to it and realign if necessary?

Thanks

Jeff_Birt
10-26-2008, 10:13 AM
If your standing at the front (keypad) side of the machine the top cover wires connect on the left hand side to a small circuit board. There are about 8 wires in a bundle that go to a common white connector that has two rows. This plugs into the small circuit board. If you look down below the Y-axis motor you will see the circuit board.

BigMax
10-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I assume that I will have to remove the top cover again in order to see the circuit board below the Y axis motor.. Corrrect?

BigMax
10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Jeff, I reinstalled the door sensor cable, but it took several hours of doing everything but standing on my head. Now my X-Stall error 238 is back. I have cleaned the machine thoroughly and lubricated the X-sliding bar, etc.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Digitalwoodshop
10-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Is your board uniform in thickness? A wedge shaped board will break the X Drive Gear or jam.

Is your sand paper belts even left and right, sometimes they roll over when you put a board in at an angle.

Is the right side guide near but not touching the right side of the board. If it touches, it will jam.

AL

BigMax
10-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Is your board uniform in thickness? A wedge shaped board will break the X Drive Gear or jam.

A: the board has been milled through my planer to a uniform size of .969 of an inch as measured at each end and the middle with a digital calipher. It is square. Two different boards have been used. Neither is curpped, warped, or otherwise unsable. It is not the board.

Is your sand paper belts even left and right, sometimes they roll over when you put a board in at an angle.

A. The sand paper belts look to be even left and right. The board is not at an angle.

Is the right side guide near but not touching the right side of the board. If it touches, it will jam.

It is near, but may be touching. However, the board will pass through and ride against the left side. The Board is 21' l(lenght) and 12" wide. I repeat the board is square. Besides that, I mentioned that the machine will stall doing an edge route.

Anymore suggestions??? Perhaps an 8 lb sledge hammer...

Jeff_Birt
10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Max you haven't given us enough information. An error code is just a tad more helpful than the idiot light on a car. It lets you know there was a problem and in which axis it saw the problem, but not much else.

What is the machine doing when you have this error? Does it make it all the way through the homing process? Will it measure the board?

liquidguitars
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
After replacing the cable, I now have a hard "Open Door" sensor problem.

I would look at the wire conector of the hood going to the back of the unit, the white wire on the conector points away from you when replaceing if looking at the LCD/keypad.

Also check the flat cable off the truck.

LG