PDA

View Full Version : Think your machine is clean?

TerryT
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Take the black cap off the end of your z motor. This is mine after about 150 hrs or so. I have over 400 hours on my machine but the z bundle was replaced in February, I think. The screws were tight and the gasket was in place but it still filled with sawdust. I keep the machine very clean all of the time, but missed this I guess.

bjbethke
10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Terry T,

Your Y-motor encoder will look the same. I'ts a little harder to get at. Mine looked like that with about 95 Hours on it.

Amonaug
10-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Took the z-cap off the bad motor with 126 hours on it and all I found was a fine black dust like soot, no sawdust.

LollyWood
10-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Good get Terry. Thanks for the heads up. Man..is there "any where" on this gizmo where sawdust can't get into???;) Now where's those nut drivers????

Rocky
10-26-2008, 05:40 AM
I, too, try to keep my CW very clean, but I never even thought of that spot.

Thanks,

mtylerfl
10-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Take the black cap off the end of your z motor. This is mine after about 150 hrs or so. I have over 400 hours on my machine but the z bundle was replaced in February, I think. The screws were tight and the gasket was in place but it still filled with sawdust. I keep the machine very clean all of the time, but missed this I guess.

Hello TerryT,

Send those pics to the CarveWright Techs - that's not normal and I think they may want to see that.

liquidguitars
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Take the black cap off the end of your z motor

I think this is a bad idea.

Do not take the back off the motors! if you have dust on the encoder, your motor is is on the way out and the gasket/silicone is gone.

unless you have a clean room to fix the motor I would order a new one.

LG