PDA

View Full Version : Baby crib

MikeMcCoy
10-25-2008, 04:16 PM
The carves of course are from the carver but the overall project was a cooperative effort between myself and another wood worker in NJ. Just goes to show that a wood project can be coordinated via email although I had my doubts for awhile.:roll:

Sarge
10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Mike,
That's a clean example of some nice work. Good looking crib!

Kenm810
10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Beautifully Done Mike,
A real family treasure for years to come.

brady.schwyhart
10-25-2008, 05:37 PM
That is positively GORGEOUS!!!! If you don't mind my asking, what type of wood is that?
Brady

Bubbabear
10-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Looks like Cherry to me could be popular or basswood. See if I am a good guesser.

I need a plan like that to go with my cradle plan I bought a while back

Great work show us more please

MikeMcCoy
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
That is positively GORGEOUS!!!! If you don't mind my asking, what type of wood is that?
Brady

It is all cherry. I've been buying my wood from the same guy in PA for the last 10 years and still find it amazing that I can get wood that pretty shipped to SC for less than I can buy locally. It was a neat project and pretty rewarding.

Rocky
10-26-2008, 05:38 AM
It is all cherry. I've been buying my wood from the same guy in PA for the last 10 years and still find it amazing that I can get wood that pretty shipped to SC for less than I can buy locally. It was a neat project and pretty rewarding.

Mike,

Your project looks great......nice job. Just curious, did you do the carving before you cut the curves?

Also, I'd be interested in getting the name of your wood supplier in PA.

Thanks,

MikeMcCoy
10-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Rocky,

The carves were done before anything else was done. Looking back, my first post seems deceptive but it wasn't intentional. I just did the carves and arch layout with the CW and the gent in NJ did the rest of the construction. I was just trying to show how collaboration with other wood workers can expand the use of the machines.

My supplier in PA is Mike Morgan .... his website has his contact info and it is palumber.com

No affiliation but I've been using him for quite awhile for cherry, ash and quarter sawn oak and have never been disappointed.

Rocky
10-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Rocky,

The carves were done before anything else was done. Looking back, my first post seems deceptive but it wasn't intentional. I just did the carves and arch layout with the CW and the gent in NJ did the rest of the construction. I was just trying to show how collaboration with other wood workers can expand the use of the machines.

My supplier in PA is Mike Morgan .... his website has his contact info and it is palumber.com

No affiliation but I've been using him for quite awhile for cherry, ash and quarter sawn oak and have never been disappointed.

Mike, thanks.

mtylerfl
10-26-2008, 03:02 PM
The carves of course are from the carver but the overall project was a cooperative effort between myself and another wood worker in NJ. Just goes to show that a wood project can be coordinated via email although I had my doubts for awhile.:roll:

Outstanding collaboration! Very impressive and professional!

MikeMcCoy
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I've had a couple of people PM and asked what the text said since I obviously didn't put a lot of thought in to which pic to post. The text says "The Day You Were Born The Angels Sang." I was sent a couple of close ups but they are too fuzzy to post.

HelpBot3000
10-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Mike,

That is VERY impressive. I have a two year old and a three month old and I have seen my fair share of cribs. I can tell you honestly that if I had seen a crib like this in-store I would have jumped on it (not literally:) ) Its absolutely beautiful!

RayTrek
10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Mike
Well done, another priceless project done with carvings I love it
Ray

Router-Jim
10-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Mike, very nice project. :cool:

I love seeing carvings incorporated into other woodworking projects.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

MikeMcCoy
10-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Mike, very nice project. :cool:

I love seeing carvings incorporated into other woodworking projects.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Jim,

The other fellow is a Woodnet member also and I asked him to generate a progress pictorial to post on that forum. It should be up in the next week or so.