PDA

View Full Version : board length

woodworking
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
:(:(New to the forum
I'm haveing an issue with board length. I'm trying to carve a board 11 long by 8 wide I added the 7 inch as needed but the machine say it's 10.2 so I cut a new board to 19 inch the machine says the board is now 10.8 I called tech they said maybe the board sensor may be dirty. After I cleaned the sensor it still read the lengsth wrong I've the machine for a year and still can't get two idenitcal peices out.

Kenm810
10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
There are a few different reasons your problem may be happening ,
if you don't already it, here's a copy of the CW TS Guide.
http://forum.carvewright.com/images/attach/pdf.giftroubleshooting_guide_04-17-07.pdf (http://forum.carvewright.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6161&d=1191280559)
Mine was caused by the head pressure was to light (60lb.)
with a little lube and cleaning it was back up to 85lb.
and the machine was working again. I would start with checking
all the onboard sensors, and the roller pressure with a bath room scale.
and a good look at your tracking sensor and its "O" Ring

woodworking
10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks for the reply
I've checked the pressure and it is at 75. The oring has been replace.

Digitalwoodshop
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Try placing a strip of masking tape along the brass roller area of the board. It gives the brass roller a place to bite into the wood. I use masking tape 100% of the time. I get the Big Box store 89 cents budget tape and it works fine. Paint Dept bottom shelf... Most here think it is a waste... But tape is cheaper than wood.

If the wood has any missing wood on the bottom where the brass roller hits you will get an error too.

Everybody looks at the board detector... If it measures the width correctly then I would look at the brass roller.... In feed and out feed tables are out of adjustment it can cause a problem because the board will bump into the out feed roller if high and hesitate and possibly cause a error. Too low and it can cause the board to tip UP loosing contact with the brass roller causing an error.

If I am not using a sled or carrier board, I build into my project a 4 inch piece in the front or right side of designer by drawing a 4 inch box and placing artwork after it. I also leave my boards long and cut it off later. It does give me a 4 inch block of wood, but I cut them into Christmas ornaments, bears, and small signs on a sled.

AL

Jeff_Birt
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
#75 is OK but is right on the low side, some related things to check:

1) Is the head (part that cranks up/down) level?
2) If the head is level loosen the four bolts on top of vertical guide posts and let the machine 'relax'. This lets the post align themselves. Now tighten them back up.
3) You might want to lubricate the vertical guide posts and jacking screws just a bit..

Also, you should try calibrating the machine. Look in the CW manual: http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/CarveWright_manual_10-14-08.pdf, on page 54 for instructions.

woodworking
10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll try all of that!!!
Thank for the advice and will get back with all of you.
Mike

woodworking
11-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I received the 3/8 bit and trying to calibrate the machine. First it gave an error 400 then an error 226 I found my head pressure changed from last week not used at all from 90 to 60 I loosed the side and re tightened the screws. I then got an x axis fault. Checking the drive gears I found a support post loose for the out side gear. I fixed that with soldier and flux. Putting the covers back on checking the head pressure and running the calibration again I'm getting an error now Calibration Range Error. I have no idea what this is.
Mike