PDA

View Full Version : Tell me again what's wrong when this happens:

SAA3840
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I start a new project, the machine starts measuing the board but it spits it out without measuring it. The drive belts just keep running. I've tried putting blue masking tape on the end of the board, I've used high pressure air to blow out the board sensor, I'm at wit's end. Why won't the machine measure the board and get on with the carving?
Oh, and it often says to load board AFTER I've loaded a board. Is the board sensor bad?

fwharris
10-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I start a new project, the machine starts measuing the board but it spits it out without measuring it. The drive belts just keep running. I've tried putting blue masking tape on the end of the board, I've used high pressure air to blow out the board sensor, I'm at wit's end. Why won't the machine measure the board and get on with the carving?
Oh, and it often says to load board AFTER I've loaded a board. Is the board sensor bad?

Have you done a "sensor check" to see what readings you are getting for the board sensor and the rollers? Go to the options menu and scroll to check sensors. You could possiblly have a dirty roller sensor in the closed position.

Kenm810
10-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Is your project board at least 1/2" thick,
also check to see if pressure rollers are giving around 85lb. of pressure
and not stuck in a compressed or uncompressed position.
Just a couple of thoughts ERROR: Check Back Roller Stuck (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8533&highlight=out+the+back)

Ron Baird
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
The board going out the back is usually caused by the front roller switch not releasing. If the front roller does not release when it drops of the board the board sensor does not turn on and look for the end of the board. Either the roller is jammed or the switch is broken or out of adjustment or plugged up with saw dust.

deemon328
10-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Are you using a dark wood like walnut? You mentioned taping the end of the board, but that's not how I do it.

I put a 2" wide piece of tape down the center of the entire length of the board when using walnut and a piece of tape across the width of the board where the board sensor will detect it.

HTH

SAA3840
10-25-2008, 10:52 PM
The wood I'm using (or was using) is 3/4" pine. The machine measures the width and then starts feeding the board through like it's going to measure the length, but it just keeps going. Then I get an error message saying the back roller has a problem or the board has been removed. Removed? well duh!!

I can't seem to figure out what causes this, I have two machines and both have done it at one time or another. My first machine is working fine. (for now)

Any ideas?

HelpBot3000
10-27-2008, 09:24 AM
The guys above have it right. 99.9% of the time this is caused by a back roller fault. Try moving the back roller side to side by hand and see if sawdust "snows" out of the switch. If not, take the side panel (keypad side) off and check the actual switch for compacted saw dust, switch alignment, or even a damaged switch. If you are still getting this error and everything is clean/lined up correctly/not bent or damaged, then give us a call at hardware support and we can go from there. You may need a new switch assembly at that point.

liquidguitars
10-27-2008, 10:02 AM
After having my side panal fall to the floor, tearing the LCD cable out of the socket "one more week down and out for replacment" I will be drilling 2 holes in the side panal as a way to clean the mini switch without the need to remove the side panal.

The wire conectors to the switch are very close to the steel of the locking arm and could make contact shorting out the switch if cleaning is not working.

LG