PDA

View Full Version : Moose Scene by Richard Tharp

mtylerfl
10-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello,

Some of you may recall I posted some projects for my friend, Richard Tharp.

He sent me a few more photos yesterday of some of his recent projects.

The Moose Scene was done an a raised panel oak door, then he painted it with oil paints. Gorgeous!

The dog scene was originaly separate scrollsaw patterns that he merged together then carved the outlines, then painted with oils.

Richard was able to pick up over 1,000 (one thousand!) various sized oak raised panel doors for only $300 from a fellow's wife who's woodworking husband passed away. She is also an avid wood worker too, but does her work on a lathe and didn't want the oak doors.

jpaluck
10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
awsome looking great paint job

John

Ike
10-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Michael, very nice! I take it it was all done with the CW? Why doesn't your friends join us?

Ike

Hexe SA
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Fantastic job. Love them all. Any chance he'll offer some of the oak doors via your website for sale?
Eva

mtylerfl
10-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Michael, very nice! I take it it was all done with the CW? Why doesn't your friends join us?

Ike

Hi Ike,

Yes, all the carving was done on the CW (the door was already made - he placed the carving on the panel).

Richard does visit the forum from time to time, but he told me yesterday that his computer is giving him trouble, so I told him I'd post his pics for him again.

He is loads of fun to talk to - I hope he gets his computer issues worked out and start becoming a regular! (hey, Richard - are you there?)

mtylerfl
10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Fantastic job. Love them all. Any chance he'll offer some of the oak doors via your website for sale?
Eva

With all the projects Richard told me he has in mind, I doubt he'll turn loose of his supply of the doors anytime soon!

Rocky
10-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Mike,

Great looking projects. Your painting on the projects is great.

Rocky
10-25-2008, 04:37 AM
I'd like to carve the cross with embedded face that Mike used on the door. Is the pattern available on this forum? I tried a search, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

mtylerfl
10-25-2008, 08:30 AM
I'd like to carve the cross with embedded face that Mike used on the door. Is the pattern available on this forum? I tried a search, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Hi Rocky,

That particular Jesus Cross pattern was offered for sale on eBay by a forum member "Woodknack" a few months ago. I don't know if he still has it available or not, but you could try PM-ing him to see if you can still get it.

(The painting on those other projects is really nice, but I did not do them - those were projects done by Richard Tharp - I just posted the photos for him.)

Eagle Hollow
10-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Wow!

Nice work...1000 raised panel doors for $300?? They would cost around $25,000 to $30,000 out of my shop!

fwharris
10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Michael,

Thanks for sharing Richard's work with us. He does a fantastic job!
Like a few others I sure would enjoy having Richard on the forum. I am sure he has a lot to share with us.

Rocky
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Rocky,

That particular Jesus Cross pattern was offered for sale on eBay by a forum member "Woodknack" a few months ago. I don't know if he still has it available or not, but you could try PM-ing him to see if you can still get it.

(The painting on those other projects is really nice, but I did not do them - those were projects done by Richard Tharp - I just posted the photos for him.)

Mike, thanks!

mtylerfl
10-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Wow!

Nice work...1000 raised panel doors for $300?? They would cost around $25,000 to $30,000 out of my shop!

Yes, I'm so jealous! When Richard first told me that, I said, "Wow! 300 doors for $1000? That's a STEAL!"

Then he said, "No, I got 1000 doors for $300!" - I about dropped the phone!