PDA

View Full Version : Probe won't lower, when jogging to X-Y start

TurtleCove
10-24-2008, 03:57 AM
So, I scanned about a dozen objects all this week, and everything went without a hitch. Then today I performed a carving. Came out nice.

So, now I've got another object to scan. I inserted the probe, and it homed just fine. Then it asked for it's starting position. I jogged to the proper X-Y start, and then pressed enter...at which time the probe usually lowers to establish it's first X-Y coordinate. I wouldn't lower. No error on the LCD, just wouldn't lower. The LCD did advance, and ask me to press Enter again, to confirm.

I tried this several times, turning the machine off in between each try. I also tried to pick all different spots on the sled to establish a starting point, in case there was something blocking the probe from lowering....all to no avail.

Any ideas gang?

Hexe SA
10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
the connector to the cover had one of the pins bent to where it wouldn't slip in the receptical. Needlenose plyers straightened the bent pin out on the cable connector and off she went. Check and see if your pins are straight.
Eva

Reset
10-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Try unplugging and plugging in the the 1/8" plug from the probe into the adapter wire. Twist it around a little. It seems to loose the connection inside the plug sometimes.

Tommy :)

TurtleCove
10-24-2008, 03:13 PM
It sounds like you guys are suggesting the machine doesn't know the probe is connected. Correct?

If that was the case, then the LCD wouldn't be on the Scan Area menu.

Ya?

atauer
10-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Turtlecove,

After reading this thread, my conclusion is that the machine is not registering the probe state, which means that the state is not changing between "open" and "closed". You will need to check the probe state by pressing 0-7. Scroll down until you see probe state and then flick the tip of the scanning probe. The state should change. If it does not, you will need to get more assistance from our support team.

TurtleCove
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Roger, that...sir!
I'll check it out.

I'm off to a pre-Halloween party, right now, so won't be able to check it out, until Sun. or Mon......