PDA

View Full Version : Please use descriptive titles in your postings!

TurtleCove
10-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Gang, we are allowed quite a few characters in our titles of our postings...so please try and summarize your posting in the title. It helps all of us when searching for solutions, and more people will read your post, when they see a title that relates to something they know about.

Titles such as "Help", or "Trouble", or "How 'bout this one?", tell us nothing, when browsing thru the threads.

We're all here to help, and learn from each other. A descriptive title, is a huge assist to all of us.

I, for one, thing this should become a sticky.

-dirk
www.thinboards.com
(lowest price on the web for thinboards...guaranteed)

Amonaug
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Gang, we are allowed quite a few characters in our titles of our postings...so please try and summarize your posting in the title. It helps all of us when searching for solutions, and more people will read your post, when they see a title that relates to something they know about.

Titles such as "Help", or "Trouble", or "How 'bout this one?", tell us nothing, when browsing thru the threads.

We're all here to help, and learn from each other. A descriptive title, is a huge assist to all of us.

I, for one, thing this should become a sticky.

-dirk
www.thinboards.com
(lowest price on the web for thinboards...guaranteed)

Just FYI you can search posts as well as threads. I find searching for just the posts with the keywords in it reduces a lot of reading.