PDA

View Full Version : Keep Original size option

JVallario
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi I ma trying to carve a pattern which is 12.5 inches long by 8.5 wide. I am using an oversized board (36 x 11) but in my design I put in 35 X 10. I am selecting to stay under rollers. My CW only offers 2 options before carving - scale to board and load new board. There is no Keep original size option listed - tried to arrow to it without luck. I thought - ok if it makes it a bit larger - I'm not that picky. Unfortunatly it comes out an inch smaller on both the width and length. Is the keep original size option not available unless you opt for not staying under the rollers?

atauer
10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Jon,

Select "No" for stay under rollers. With the project size that you have selected and the board you are using, it should carve without an issue. is the pattern centered on your project board in the software?

JVallario
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
It is centered on the width but about 3 inches from the edge on the left side (in designer). I didn't want it to carve in the center of the board as I have another pattern on the right side.

atauer
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Ok,

You will want to select "No" if you want to keep it the original size. When you select yes for stay under rollers, you will need to add 7 inches to the board that you place in the machine.

For example:

You stated your project that you designed in the software was 35 X 10. There fore, if you want to stay under rollers, the board that you would place in the machine would need to be 42 X 10.

The board that you use in the machine will always need to be at least 7 inches longer than what you have designed if you want to stay under rollers.

Amonaug
10-22-2008, 01:44 PM
In designer you told it the board was 35 x 10 and the board it measured that you put in the machine was 36 x 11. Because you told the CW to stay under the rollers it's looking for a board at least 42" long, ie 7" more than what you said in designer. Since the real board is only 36" long it will ask you to scale or load new board.

As atauer said telling it not to stay under the rollers will allow you to use that board and as long as the pattern starts carving at least 3.5" from the edge of the board it will stay under the rollers anyway.

JVallario
10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok - I thought if I left 3.5 inches from where the pattern started it would work. I admit I fudged a bit (to 3") because the wood was 1.5" thick. I understand it now - thank you both.