PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor

sewpeck
10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Can anyone tell me what the advantage is to having this? Is there any way to get a trial version?

RayTrek
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Hello Sewell
Pick up July 2008 Tips and Tricks This may help in your Question, as far as a trial version I do not think they do.
I for one think it is a very powerful tool and very impressed with it.
Ray Ver.1.131

Dan-Woodman
10-22-2008, 05:20 PM
and for just a few bucks more you can also have the probe to scan your own carvings.
later Daniel

LollyWood
10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey Sewell,

I use it predomonately to clean up pics I've converted for patterns. It has most of the goodies as a pic editor plus it shows the pattern as it will look when imported split screen style.

Tom75
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
this is a test on making a pattern from a photo . not very good but a start . am i on the right track ? i put the before and after pic up

mtylerfl
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
this is a test on making a pattern from a photo . not very good but a start . am i on the right track ? i put the before and after pic up

Hi Tom,

There's still a lot of work left to do. You've still got to erase every trace of the background around each of the flowers and every other area of the photo, then crop it to include just the flowers and no uneccessary blank space. You will also need to edit the shadows so they do not create an uneven "bump" or "recess" in places you don't intend. You probably already knew that, but thought I would mention it just in case.

Hopefully your original photo is much, much larger in size than the one you posted (I'm assuming it is!)

It will be interesting to see if you can get a decent pattern/carve out of the photo or not. Of course it won't have a rounded full-relief look to it because of the nature of standard photos. Please post a pic of the ptn on a board when you're done so we can see how you made out.

Tom75
11-08-2008, 11:26 PM
i am still working on the flower but here is one i have been playing with . this will be for my causen for christmass i am going to also put the years she had served on it to when i get the info . once i get the info i am going to try to make it as close to 3d as i can . if it helps i use adobe photoshop . can not afford desiner yet. just started working again .