PDA

View Full Version : Bit Stuck

reads5179
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Well another issue. I just got my machine back from the company after another repair. Its been about 2 month and the bit jammed in the QC. The QC will not go up to release the bit. The bit looks like it is off center. I was centered when i put the bit in.

Any ideas how to get it out ????

mtylerfl
10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
The cause could have been...

1) One or both of the set screws were not fully tightened or "locktited"

2) The bit was not fully seated when inserted in the first place and got "catty-whompus"

3) Gremlins did it

You may need to loosen the QC nut to get that bit out, but you may want to call CarveWright Tech Support first.

swhitney
10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
if it was the Gremlins, then the bit is on center... the machine is off center.....

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I would squirt a bunch of 3 in 1 oil around the QC at the top so it goes down inside.

I would find your bit wrench and gently pry "SLIGHTLY" then ROTATE, then pry, then rotate and the bit will pop out. Don't try to do it like a COLD BEER or you will damage and BEND the QC when the bit is stuck.

Get in a habit of using plenty of 3 in 1 oil with the QC. Eventually it will loosen up with use.

Good Luck,

AL

jcorder
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Well another issue. I just got my machine back from the company after another repair. Its been about 2 month and the bit jammed in the QC. The QC will not go up to release the bit. The bit looks like it is off center. I was centered when i put the bit in.

Any ideas how to get it out ????

I sent my machine in and they returned it and before I was even able to carve anything, I was in the setup process and when it asked me to make the bit change in setup, my bit would not come out. I worked for a few hours and finally got it to come out, when it did, pieces of the new QC came out. Once again, I had not used the machine and the QC was new and I had never carved with it. LHR says it is not covered under warantee. They had me send photos of the bit and the qc and I have not heard yet if they are going to send me a new qc or make me purchase one.

Amonaug
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
You could try to gently tap the collar of the QC as you try and pull it up, turn it, tap it, etc.

jcorder
10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Just a quick follow up to my post from yesterday. I heard from LHR today and they are sending me a new QC out under warantee. I see many posts on here about the lack of support throught LHR or the problems with calling the help line. I have never had an issue and they have certainly stood behind their product! Thank you LHR for a great product and great product support.

brady.schwyhart
10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
I was told the day before yesterday and today by the tech support folks that the QC is no longer under warranty. How did you get yours under warranty?
Brady

Amonaug
10-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I was told the day before yesterday and today by the tech support folks that the QC is no longer under warranty. How did you get yours under warranty?
Brady

It's on a case by case determination. It's no longer automatically covered under warranty. For the most part they won't be covered except in some very few situations.

jcorder
10-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Brady

Hi Brady,
Read post #5 it explains it or PM me and I will give more details

Jeff

brady.schwyhart
10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I totally understand the procedure for QC replacement under warranty. They will cover mechanical failure, but not "pilot error" as was my case. LOL. I had a talk with Andre from tech support and he explained it too me. Not in so many words, but I got the drift. Especially after I figured out that I was the one who made the big BOO BOO! Thanks.
Brady