PDA

View Full Version : Project disappears in software (1.131)

Trader Howland
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I just started a new project, my first with the newest ver. of software. After a few minutes of 'drawing', my project partially disappeared from sight.

When I switch between windows, ie., from CW forums back to the CW software, the project appears in it's entirety, then is gone after about 2 seconds, except for a small horizontal edge (maybe 3/4" out of a 3.5" 'board').

Anybody know why and how to fix?

Thanx

atauer
10-21-2008, 02:04 PM
What type of computer are you using and what operating system is it running?

Also, what are the specs for your computer?

To start with diagnosing, we need more info.

Major_A
10-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't have a specific answer other than try updating your video card drivers.

Video Card Chipsets:
nVidia
ATi
Intel
SiS

You will only have one of those manufacturers not all of them listed. If you don't have a clue on what you have there is an easy way to find out. If you are on Windows click Start->Run and type dxdiag then press Enter/Return. Click the Display tab and you will find out what you have in your computer. In this case I have a ATi Radeon X1300/X1500 video card.

Trader Howland
10-21-2008, 02:20 PM
What type of computer are you using and what operating system is it running?

Also, what are the specs for your computer?

To start with diagnosing, we need more info.

I'm using a Mac G4 running OSX 10.5.5. For the sake of saving time (and being accurate), I copy/pasted this info from my system profiler:

Model Name: Power Mac G4
Model Identifier: PowerMac3,5
Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (2.1)
Processor Speed: 1 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 2
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.3.3f2

Also, when my project disappears, the path I have selected shows up as just the white dotted line (on the visible part of the project).

Trader Howland
10-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Also, when my project disappears, the path I have selected shows up as just the white dotted line (on the visible part of the project).

I take that back. Nothing appears to be selected. No dotted line, just the groove of the V bit I had selected. Don't know if this is valuable info for a fix.

cnsranch
10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I thought Mac's were the bomb :D

Update your video driver. If that doesn't do it, roll back to the original driver.

At least that's what I had to do with my PC.

Trader Howland
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought Mac's were the bomb :D
They are! I've just become technically dulled because I rarely have a technical problem.

Update your video driver. If that doesn't do it, roll back to the original driver.

At least that's what I had to do with my PC.
Are you saying you experienced the same problem I'm having and updating your video driver was the fix?

Thanx

Trader Howland
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't have a specific answer other than try updating your video card drivers.

Video Card Chipsets:
nVidia
ATi
Intel
SiS

You will only have one of those manufacturers not all of them listed. If you don't have a clue on what you have there is an easy way to find out. If you are on Windows click Start->Run and type dxdiag then press Enter/Return. Click the Display tab and you will find out what you have in your computer. In this case I have a ATi Radeon X1300/X1500 video card.

Here's the specs on my video card. Shouldn't this be sufficient? Or no?
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX:

Chipset Model: GeForce4 MX
Type: Display
Bus: AGP
Slot: SLOT-1
VRAM (Total): 64 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0171
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 1091

Major_A
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
The card is old but it is still supported, nVidia is basically on the 10 series now (Geforce10 aka Geforce GTX 2x0). I don't see any drivers for MAC on nVidia's website. Use Apple's updater to see if there is an update available. I'm sorry I don't know much about Apple since I can't build my own PC around the OS.

cnsranch
10-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Trader -

Follow the link below - that was where I cured my problem...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=6007