PDA

View Full Version : Strange Problem

JimStaley
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I reported yesterday that I received an "Unreadable project" message about 3/4 way through. I saw later that the last 1/2" of the carved portion wasn't right. In a flat area, it left deeper cuts about every 1/32". I fugured that the file was corrupted, so I reformated. To be extra sure, I uploaded the project to a different flashcard and tried again on tne reverse. This time, It didn't carve at all. Instead, it began to cut completely across the board even though I had left a 1/2" margin. Shortly after, I got a Y-axis error, I uploaded the file again, and tried once more. I stayed to observe this time, and noted that it seemed to be taking bites that were too deep. The deep cuts caused another Y-axis error. The cuts were completely across the width. The last time, I made the pattern and carved region smaller so that it was over an inch from the edge, attached. Same result. It began to cut all the way across the wood, cut too deeply per pass, and stalled with a Y-axis error. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Carvewright, are you reading this?

Amonaug
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I reported yesterday that I received an "Unreadable project" message about 3/4 way through. I saw later that the last 1/2" of the carved portion wasn't right. In a flat area, it left deeper cuts about every 1/32". I fugured that the file was corrupted, so I reformated. To be extra sure, I uploaded the project to a different flashcard and tried again on tne reverse. This time, It didn't carve at all. Instead, it began to cut completely across the board even though I had left a 1/2" margin. Shortly after, I got a Y-axis error, I uploaded the file again, and tried once more. I stayed to observe this time, and noted that it seemed to be taking bites that were too deep. The deep cuts caused another Y-axis error. The cuts were completely across the width. The last time, I made the pattern and carved region smaller so that it was over an inch from the edge, attached. Same result. It began to cut all the way across the wood, cut too deeply per pass, and stalled with a Y-axis error. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Carvewright, are you reading this?

Suggest you call LHR and they can help you. Sounds like it may be a bad controller or something similar.

Jeff_Birt
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Carvewright, are you reading this?

Jim, this is primarily a user's forum, although from time to time one of the CW folks will chime in. If your having problems like you are it best to give CW a call or drop them an email.