PDA

View Full Version : Bit Measurements?

unitedcases
10-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, I have spent the better part of the last hour reading the forum and really need more help. I am trying to carve a project that requires 3 different bits. Cutting bit, 90 V Bit and 1/4 Roundover bit. The machine does not seem to want to measure the bits on the bit plate. At first the bit plate wasnt working properly. I cleaned it up and shot some more chain wax on it and now it works as advertised and really only took up 2 minutes of my life. But now I keep having to reload bits because the bits arent touching the bit plate. I have one circuit solely dedicated to the machine so I know that it isnt getting surges from elsewhere. However I cant for the life of me figure out why the bits arent going all the way down to the bit plate. I am starting to wonder if I need to readjust the truck but when I move it up and down it feels like it is moving okay. Thanks for any help.

Kenm810
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
With the Machine off, Slide the carve assembly (both trucks) along the "Y" axis rail
towards the flipper arm to see if something is interfering with -- wood chips in the drive belt or gear
or the wires in the corner from the cut motor switch. When the truck strikes it, it should swing out

unitedcases
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
It appears to have alot of slop in the vertical belt. The allen key is as tight as it will go. :mad:

Jeff_Birt
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
You need to loosen the two screws holding the Z-motor 'just slightly' before trying to adjust the tension. Other wise your not accomplishing anything.

brady.schwyhart
10-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I had the same problem a few months back. Ended up being my Z-pack.
Brady

unitedcases
10-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Well I took Jeffs advice and readjusted the vertical slop. Thats good but then sometimes when I use a short bit it has to remeasure. I just replaced the truck, I am pretty sure that isnt it. I noticed that when it goes to the left it sometimes hits the blower/deflector. It isnt really seated all that well and appears to be able to be seated all that well. Anyway the truck rubs up on it and you can watch the deflector move all around. That might be part of the problem. I think that I may have to figure a way to secure it but still be able to quickly disconnect it when I am having to remove the lid.