PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Depot Question

JVallario
10-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Why don't the patterns in the pattern depot (patterns for purchase) have sizes on them? Sure would be nice to know before you buy.

Amonaug
10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Why don't the patterns in the pattern depot (patterns for purchase) have sizes on them? Sure would be nice to know before you buy.

Why? When you can scale them to any size you want.

JVallario
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Well because I like to know what I'm starting with. I notice changes in pattern features when the are enlarged or reduced much. If I reduce a pattern from 6 inches to say 2.5 I see a loss of significant detail. Details that cannot be regained by changing the depth and height. If I increase one too much and you get lots more surface texture on areas that are supposed to be smooth - then you have details blending together.

Some patterns do have size and depth notes - some just depth but many have no info. whatsoever. I just think it would be good info to have before you buy.

cnsranch
10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
You can "Try before you buy" - you can then take the pattern, reduce it how you want, and see what it will look like when carved.

JVallario
10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
You can "Try before you buy" - you can then take the pattern, reduce it how you want, and see what it will look like when carved.

I don't see anything about that on the web page. How does that work?

atauer
10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
John,

The patterns on the online store act the same way as the standard patterns that come with the software. Once placed on the project board, you will be able to size and re-size the same way you use the patterns with the basic patterns.

Once placed on the project board, they will be surrounded by a white box with red dots on the corners. Simply click and hold on one of the red dots and you will be able to move the mouse to re-size the pattern.

JVallario
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks Alex - I know how to reduce or enlarge patterns. My question to csnranch was about the try "before you buy" aspect of his message.

Jeff_Birt
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
You just download the pattern and place it on your board. That's it. You won't be able to carve it until you buy it though...

Kenm810
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
This is a Sticky I found using the search option on the Forum

The CarveWright Pattern Depot

We appreciate the great enthusiasm with which the new Pattern Store has been greeted. We are very excited to bring this new powerful extension of the CarveWright community to you. We can’t wait to make thousands of new high quality never-before-seen patterns available to all users of the CarveWright and CompuCarve Woodworking systems. This will transform your machine’s abilities and allow users to profit from their own creations.

The new Pattern Store will enable you to purchase high quality patterns on-line and eventually even directly from your CarveWright software; allow pattern creators to distribute their creations widely to the CarveWright community in a protected environment; and, ensure a continuous supply of literally thousands of high quality patterns that have not been available before. You can try patterns before you buy them; have custom patterns created, and you will even be able to post your own original patterns for sale to other users.

Sticky: The CarveWright Pattern Depot (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=5268) Comptete post --- hope it Helps
jlovchik

atauer
10-20-2008, 11:02 AM
The "Try" feature will allow you to download the pattern into the software and let you manipulate the pattern on a project. However, you will not be able to upload it to carve until it is purchased. Once purchased and licensed, you will be able to upload it for carving.

JVallario
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Dawn comes to Marblehead! Just saw the try button - sorry for the misunderstanding.