PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable project

JimStaley
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
The project consists of one pattern created from a bit map file. About 75% through, the machine stopped, and I received the message "Project unreadable. Press stop to abort." How did this happen and how do I prevent it in the future? Is there a way after the problem is resolved to start over and finish the carving?

Ron Baird
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
I believe this is a problem where the program has not loaded on the flash card properly. If you upload it again and start it over on the same board it will probably carve over without any indication of where it stopped. If you can delete some of the carved sections from the program it will speed up the process but if it is only one pattern you have to do it all again.

Deolman
10-19-2008, 09:16 PM
I think that if I had that problem, I would reformat the card first. Then I would reload the necessary pattern to finish cutting it. I likewise would remove as much detail as I could so the machine would not have to air-carve the entire pattern if possible.

sweliver
10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
I've had the same issues twice. The first time I started from scratch with a new board - came out great. Second time I merged a carve area with a ZERO depth over the part of the pattern already carved and left the remaining pattern as per the original. The interface between the two carves was undectable to the naked eye.

sw