PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Triptych!

SevenCubed
10-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry I've been outta the loop so long! My workshop was filled with visiting friend-stuff. But I'm back on the scene now, and this is my latest work: My wife found an old dart-board and decided to turn it into a triptych glorifying the video game "Metroid"! My tiny contribution to this project was to oversee the design and carving of the metroids on the left and right leaves of the piece, and I carved the little "Health bar" elements immediately to either side of the central painting. My wife did all the painting on these fellas. Critiques welcome!

Kenm810
10-18-2008, 01:51 PM
SevenCubed,
Nice to see you back,

Neat project to carve and pass the word alone, nice paint job too! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

mtylerfl
10-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I really missed seeing all your unique artwork. Glad you are back - your work helps us all think "out of the box"! I love it!

RayTrek
10-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I also have missed seeing your artwork and glad to see you back
What a great team you two make
Thanks for opening are eyes to new possibilities
Ray

STEAM
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Glad to see you back. I've been wondering where you have been. I like the carvings. Metroid was my all time favorite video game.

Oliver Lande
10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Way to go - nice job.

20 years ago my son had Metroid on his way early machine. ?Atari? - I got taken in by that one - more than a little addicted. Spent 4 hours a day for several months glued to a spare TV and a chair in the laundry room. Beat the mother brain and have not touched a computer game since. I was WAY overboard but I got it out of my system. Now I use a computer for more productive work, like SURFING!!

LOL