PDA

View Full Version : How do I get an .mpc file, in my library

TurtleCove
10-17-2008, 09:34 PM
So, I just downloaded a file, of a carved box top. It's in .MPC format. I want it to appear in Project Designer, in the Pattern List.

I don't see any sort of File / Save to Library, or Export to Library menu option.

How do I do this?

Dan-Woodman
10-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Did you right click on your favorites in designer?
later Daniel

fwharris
10-17-2008, 09:46 PM
So, I just downloaded a file, of a carved box top. It's in .MPC format. I want it to appear in Project Designer, in the Pattern List.

I don't see any sort of File / Save to Library, or Export to Library menu option.

How do I do this?

MPC is a project file and you can not put into your pattern list. Patterns are ptn files.

To put the mpc into designer just open designer, under FILE select OPEN OR click on the file folder icon, go to where you saved the box top mpc and double click on it. It will then open up the MPC.

bjbethke
10-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by TurtleCove

How do I do this?------------------------

TurtleCove:

You can make a PTN from a MPC and save it to the Library, if you own the PTN’s in the MPC file, or have the MPW file to make the patterns. The instructions are in:
http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Sept08.pdf

You need to select all, group the patterns, select the group – make the pattern, it will download to your library.

TurtleCove
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Good info, BJ. I'll read the article closely.
I'm doing a 20 hour scan right now in my 50 degree garage.....hope it goes ok.

-dirk
www.thinboards.com
(lowest price on the web for thinboards...guaranteed)