PDA

View Full Version : "Please check probe", "Error 615", "Error 485"

TurtleCove
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a unit with a "B" serial number, so my probe connects via an aux. wire to the side of the shell, rather than to the head.

I get my scaned object all set up, inside my scanning sled.
I set my X/Y coordinates for my scan area.
I set my quality to "Best".

Before the scan will start, I get a "Please check probe" error. I try again, and again, and the error persists. I remove the 3 screws on the bottom side of the probe, and put a very slight amount of electrical cleaner on the 3 contacts. I note that the orientation of the triangular insert is specific...and reassemble.

I tell it to scan. Away it goes, and makes one pass up the Y axis, and then generates a "Please Check Probe" error. I press Stop, and it reads "Motor flush w/o Servo Error 615". I press Stop again, and it reads "Fatal Exception 485".

It behaves this way consistantly...and always before making one round trip pass on the Y axis.

Any ideas gang?

For the heck of it, I tried a scan in the "Normal" setting...and it completed 20% of the scan with no error before I stopped it. I'm assuming it would complete fine in "Normal" mode.

-dirk

Jeff_Birt
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
It sounds like your probe is not working properly. I recall several months ago somebody had a similar issue and had to get a replacement probe CW. Sounds like calling CW tech support might be in order.

cnsranch
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
The place where the probe plugs in is exposed all the time. It will get dust in it from your carvings. Make sure it's clean or you won't get a good connection.