PDA

View Full Version : new1.131

oldjoe
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Just in the process of doing my first carve with 1.131 and first thing is my project calls for a 60 deg bit. put it in and after measuring comes up with error message board is too thick to cut continue press 2. So I did went thru the rest of the bits just fine. The board both in designer and loaded into the machine is .5
Also half way thru a pattern carve the machine kicked into a high gear really reved up and kept carving.
Just wondering if anyone else ran into anything simular.

Amonaug
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes every time I do a 2-sided carve. Haven't done any 1 sided carves lately so can't say if the board too thick message comes up.

And sometimes mine kicks into high gear too.

brady.schwyhart
10-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I get that from time to time, mostly when I'm using a 60 deg bit and especially if the project has a cutout (even though it's using the 1/8 cutter to do the cut). I just press 2 and keep on truckin, never had a problem with it yet. Well, I take that back, I did break a cutting bit but that was a design flaw on my part,,,,,,or as some of the other guys in here like to say,,,"Pilot Error"
Brady

liquidguitars
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
board is too thick to cut continue press 2.

Check you drill bit setting.. if you are using the drill bit, try setting the depth to .50 and not through the board.

LG