PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor

Don Butler
10-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I don't know what it wants and don't know what to do.

This error message isn't in my machine manual.

It occurred when using a sled. First time for me and I may have entered the wrong dimensions in the design phase. ?????

d...

Kenm810
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi Don,

Here's a post I found that should help Clear Board Sensor? (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=2586&highlight=Clear+Board+Sensor)
I did a quick Search (Clear Board Sensor) and found 6 pages of threads and Post.
The first few times it happen to me it was caused by dust and chips building up in front of the lens,
the last time was a loose wire where it plus into the circuit board.
Also the Roller Pressure being to high or to low will give you an error message.

Don Butler
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
When I switched projects and went to a board without the sled the error didn't come up, but now I have another problem.

The machine is carving the project at about 25% of the full size.:eek::mad::confused:

d...

Kenm810
10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Did you add the require 7" to the project board and tell the machine to stay under the pressure rollers,
or say yes to resizeing the project.

mtylerfl
10-15-2008, 09:50 AM
When I switched projects and went to a board without the sled the error didn't come up, but now I have another problem.

The machine is carving the project at about 25% of the full size.:eek::mad::confused:

d...

Hello Don,

Sorry to report that you have performed one of the most common "pilot errors". Most of us have done that ourselves at one time or another.;)

Remember that you must have an additional 7" length on the real board you put into your machine to stay under the rollers, and say "NO" if you are prompted to "scale to size" or anything like that. (By the way, if you ARE prompted to scale any project in the future, it means your board is too small.)

Major_A
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
If your sled is a dark material (close to the color of the traction belts) you can run into problems. The optical sensor can have a hard time identifying the wood (sled).

Don Butler
10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
My sled is white melamine.

Not the melamine in Chinese milk.;)

d...