PDA

View Full Version : Quality Settings and carve Time

remodel117
10-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Good morning to all of you out there,

I am a new owner of a machine actually second machine, first one ripped a belt and I returned it to sears they coudln't service it or I should say they don't service them so I returned it and bought another reconditioned unit online, but the new one seems to cut slower than the other one, the project I was working on took 29 mins on the first machine and now it is taking 56 mins, I tried changing the quality setting but doesn't change the cutting time does any one know what is going on, does configuring the quality on the machine in the options section do anything, someone please help, remodel117

Jeff_Birt
10-12-2008, 08:44 AM
When you upload the project to your memory card you have three quality settings. The higher the quality the longer it takes to carve.

remodel117
10-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I changed the setting in the program didn't change anything, I hope I am doing this forum correctly I have never been in a forum

Amonaug
10-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Good morning to all of you out there,

I am a new owner of a machine actually second machine, first one ripped a belt and I returned it to sears they coudln't service it or I should say they don't service them so I returned it and bought another reconditioned unit online, but the new one seems to cut slower than the other one, the project I was working on took 29 mins on the first machine and now it is taking 56 mins, I tried changing the quality setting but doesn't change the cutting time does any one know what is going on, does configuring the quality on the machine in the options section do anything, someone please help, remodel117

The difference could be the version of software you are using on the projects. If the first time you carved it and were using version 1.126 or earlier the carve time would be less than if you are using version 1.30 or later due to some optimization changes in the softwware to carve more accurately.

As for repairs don't bother with trying to get Sear's to repair it, directly call LHR. Sand paper belts are easy to change yourself.

Jeff_Birt
10-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Can you post the MPC file. Also, what version of Designer/firmware are you using?

remodel117
10-12-2008, 08:55 AM
jeff I don't know if you are tlking to me like I said I am new at this forum thing it is a bit different than instant messaging I don't know when you reply to me , but if you are talking with me the first time I believe I as using the one that came with the machine 1.126 without the upgrade the new one I did upgrade to the 1.130 and now I ugraded to the 1.131

remodel117
10-12-2008, 10:05 AM
how can I go make and get the 1.126 program if I upgraded both the computer program and the memory card

Amonaug
10-12-2008, 11:58 AM
how can I go make and get the 1.126 program if I upgraded both the computer program and the memory card

Why would you want to go back to 1.126? 1.31 is the best version so far even if the carve times are a little longer. You have so much more control on carve settings and pattern making with 1.31

To go back, you would basically need to uninstall and re-install the 1.126 version if you still have a copy of the 1.126 install .exe file. Optionally you could install both on the computer by installing the other version to a different folder.