PDA

View Full Version : How do I

sensei
10-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I just go back from the show in MN, I have some sort of optimizer for pictures that should be activated but it's not. I came with the probe, what do I do to get it running?

Major_A
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
It's called the Pattern Editor. There are instructions on the back of the CD that is included with your Scanning Probe. It is not an optimizer, it is a tool to clean up your scanned items. Though it does work well with imported images.

sensei
10-12-2008, 08:27 AM
When I load my disc it tells me I can't do it. There is a later version already loaded. Any other options?

Firedkm
10-12-2008, 08:36 AM
open the software on your computer. Goto help.....manage license.....activate license.....license online now...click next....enter the new software number that came with the probe......enter your user name and password....click on next......

There is no need to reload the software on your computer. All you have to do is unlock that module to use it.

Hope this helps
Dale

Jeff_Birt
10-12-2008, 08:42 AM
You don't need to reinstall the software. There is an activation number (ID) on the back of CD envelope. Go to the CW registration page: http://www.carvewright.com/register, sign in, and enter the activation code where is says: Enter Activation ID or Serial Number Here:, and then press the 'Activate' button.

You can also get to the same place by opening Designer and Clicking Help->Manage Licenses.

sensei
10-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you Firedkm, worked great.

Sensei

sensei
10-12-2008, 08:54 AM
If you were going to clean up a photo, what would you use?

sensei
10-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I have a photo of my wife and I'd like to make a litho of it but I can't clean it up real well. It was taken with an HD camera so the picture is clean.

Amonaug
10-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I have a photo of my wife and I'd like to make a litho of it but I can't clean it up real well. It was taken with an HD camera so the picture is clean.

For lithos most time the picture doesn't need any cleaning up unless the picture quality is poor to start with.

Just convert the picture to greyscale and 128 dpi and import into designer. You could use the pattern editor then to remove any noise or give it a slightly smooth and/or blur.

sensei
10-12-2008, 02:04 PM
How do I convert it to the 128 DPI? I have photo shop, can I do it in that program. I got the black and white part.

Amonaug
10-12-2008, 02:36 PM
How do I convert it to the 128 DPI? I have photo shop, can I do it in that program. I got the black and white part.

Changing it to 128 dpi isn't really necessary but that is the resolution that Designer works in so I like to try and make patterns and images in that resolution.

In Photoshop 7 go to Image > Image Size and under Document resolution set it from 72 to 128. You can also set the size you want in order to get it under 1 MB (otherwise designer throws a fit :) ) unless you are importing it striaght into the Pattern editor, then you can set the size there. But setting it in Photoshop at 128 dpi it will import into designer at that size. For example if you want the pattern to be 5" x 5" you set it in photoshop at 128 dpi and 5" x 5" and it will import into designer at that size IF it's under 1 MB.

sensei
10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll try it. Should I invert the picture?

Thanks