PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase parts quickly

jcorder
10-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Ok I am desperate here. My machine broke and was returned the day before Ike hit the factory. 3 weeks later I got it back (middle of last week). I have been unable to run the machine until this weekend and the first project I was setting up to carve, during set up, it asked for a bit change. The bit would not come out of the chuck and when it finally did, pieces fell out of the chuck. I realize I am still under the 200 hour limit, but I need this machine to run this weekend. Does anyone know of anyplace in Ohio that sells parts for this machine? I really need to change out the chuck and move on here. I tried calling LHR support, it says they are open on Saturday, but I guess they are off today. I am sure they have been swamped since the storm and I realize mechanical things break, no issues with that. Just need to get going here

Amonaug
10-11-2008, 02:39 PM
As far as I know LHR is the only place that would sell the QC. The dealerships (Lowe's, Sear's, etc) would only have bits and adapters and such. I'm sorry to say you may be out of luck unless someone in your area has an extra QC to sell you.

I have an extra one but it wouldn't do you any good as none of the delivery services deliver on Sunday and it would be extremely expensive.

jcorder
10-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I am afraid you are right. I have made a couple calls and no one has parts. I have tried calling LHR, thought they were open on Sat until 6 but they must have changed hours. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff

Ike
10-11-2008, 03:00 PM
They are there, but not many work on Saturday. The thing to do is keep calling, if you get to the message center, hang up and try again. Try different prompts until you get somebody.

Ike

jcorder
10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks Ike, I got a hold of them, they are shipping out a new QC on Monday. They tell me it is no longer covered under the warantee.

Thanks
Jeff

They are there, but not many work on Saturday. The thing to do is keep calling, if you get to the message center, hang up and try again. Try different prompts until you get somebody.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
10-11-2008, 09:22 PM
That is why I have a few spare parts like a QC and sand paper belts on hand....

AL

jcorder
10-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I have been searching, is there a file to tell you how to change the QC? You can bet I will have an extra soon, I just hate learning the hard way at my age!

badger
10-12-2008, 06:21 AM
If you call and asked them they will email you the pdf file on the change out. They will email any pdf on any part if you ask them for it.

Amonaug
10-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I have been searching, is there a file to tell you how to change the QC? You can bet I will have an extra soon, I just hate learning the hard way at my age!

Try "Change QC" , "QC replacement" , etc using the quotes

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?p=51657&highlight=change+QC#post51657