PDA

View Full Version : The board just goes right through!

brooze
10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
My machine worked fine, until I ran the head clear to the top, and had to manually lower the jack-screw. But it's all even and true. Any board just goes right though the machine, without stopping. I put some tape on the edge, as somebody suggested, but it did not help. I am really frustrated. Please help!

Amonaug
10-11-2008, 12:06 PM
My machine worked fine, until I ran the head clear to the top, and had to manually lower the jack-screw. But it's all even and true. Any board just goes right though the machine, without stopping. I put some tape on the edge, as somebody suggested, but it did not help. I am really frustrated. Please help!

Go to 0) options, 7) sensor check and scoll to rollers without a board in the machine. They should both read released. If not (more than likely the back roller) then sawdust is probably stuck in the switch.

Unscrew the screws nearest the keypad on the roller enough to open it up and blow it out with air, then retighten. Sometimes just rolling the roller by hand and pressing up on the keypad side of it loosens the sawdust and gets it to work.

That would be the first thing I'd check.

rhglassdr
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Do a sensor ck and see if the rollers are releasing, sounds like the rear roller is stuck, if so search "stuck roller" and fixes.... I just had the same problem, lol!!!

atauer
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
That would be my answer as well. It sounds as if the roller switches aren't working properly. There may be some dust stuck in them. Also, you may want to check your head pressure. If the pressure is low, the switches won't actuate on the board properly.

mtylerfl
10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
One more (perhaps obvious) thing to check...

...make sure your board is at least 1/2" thick or more.

(If it's even a fraction of an inch less than 1/2", it could send the board "sailing" through as you described.)

atauer
10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Mike,

That is a big 10-4. Can't believe we forgot to check that!

Thanks again,

Jeff_Birt
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Also check the head pressure. Should be about #85.

Amonaug
10-11-2008, 02:55 PM
One more (perhaps obvious) thing to check...

...make sure your board is at least 1/2" thick or more.

(If it's even a fraction of an inch less than 1/2", it could send the board "sailing" through as you described.)

I keep forgetting to mention that because it's second nature to me to know that it has to be at least 1/2" thick :)